Illegal parking..

This reminds me of the phase "much beleaguered motorist". Never has a more b/s phrase been uttered. If you are going to use words learn what they mean and stop playing the victim card.

The majority of motorist get on perfectly fine, and aren't beleaguered at all. there is a minority that moan at what they bring on themselves.

However if you are looking for a clear example of narcissism in humans, then observe people behind the wheel. It shouldn't take that long to find one.

If you give people an inch people will take a mile. Sometime don't even realise they are doing it. A growing trend is people who can't be arsed to stop at pedestrian crossings, ans also not clear of. Although you could say it is ok to go if there is enough space, the rules are there for a reason. There is also a tendency for people when they see someone on the road to momentary speed up slightly, rather than slow down is order to get eh pedestrian to move faster. What if they trip and fall back?

Impatience is big problem nowadays.

Sponsored Links
This reminds me of the phase "much beleaguered motorist". Never has a more b/s phrase been uttered. If you are going to use words learn what they mean and stop playing the victim card.

The majority of motorist get on perfectly fine, and aren't beleaguered at all. there is a minority that moan at what they bring on themselves.

However if you are looking for a clear example of narcissism in humans, then observe people behind the wheel. It shouldn't take that long to find one.

If you give people an inch people will take a mile. Sometime don't even realise they are doing it. A growing trend is people who can't be a***d to stop at pedestrian crossings, ans also not clear of. Although you could say it is ok to go if there is enough space, the rules are there for a reason. There is also a tendency for people when they see someone on the road to momentary speed up slightly, rather than slow down is order to get eh pedestrian to move faster. What if they trip and fall back?

Impatience is big problem nowadays.

Are you referring to anything in particular? or just a random blog? Your post doesn't seem to refer to anything...HELLO???

Are you referring to anything in particular? or just a random blog? Your post doesn't seem to refer to anything...HELLO???
Hello :p

I was referring to the OP. A common example of failing to take responsibility for ones actions, narcissist behaviour.

I should point out that blue badge drivers can stop in usually prohibited areas under certain circumstances.

Hello :p

I was referring to the OP. A common example of failing to take responsibility for ones actions, narcissist behaviour.

I should point out that blue badge drivers can stop in usually prohibited areas under certain circumstances.

Well - I quoted you, AND I AM the OP...so a bit of a silly post? As you posted 3rd person?

You quote the OP (me), then refer to the OP (me), but talk random. What is your point? or do you refer to me, and the Op as seperate people, as I'm the OP? Do you know what an OP is? Quote me, then refer to me in the 3rd person?

Sponsored Links
Actually OP stands for original post rather that original poster, especially when you haven't referred to a person. I'm not singling anyone out. It is really not that complicated. The first posts are not called “Topics” for nothing.

I'm talking about the general topic at hand. why be so defensive? You are obviously not used to actual debate and discussing topics, only addressing you personally. But if you insist. Just get those synapses firing ;)

As a general rule when parking on private property :....... Remember, a car cannot commit an offence - the DRIVER does that. The parking services company will apply to the DVLA for the owner's details, and send the fine to him/her. Ignore this notice, you do not legally have to inform them of who was driving the vehicle at the time of the alleged offence. If you respond to them, you have opened up a point of contact and will be bombarded with letters from them. You will receive letters threatening to send bailiff's to your house, and also threats of court action. Stand your ground, as they will very rarely take you to court as they cannot prove that YOU committed the offence. The only people you have to legally supply inormation on the driver to are the Police, or the local Council.

it says on motorways, take a break, if you are tired, so someone I know pulled into a service station, and took a break, but exceeded the 2 hours allowed. The parking laws are clearly displayed, break them, and pay the fine.

From what you've written here, I can see your associate's point if I make a few assumptions... The first one is that I assume no-one goes to a motorway service station to take in the splendid atmosphere and gawp at the beautiful view...

Now, if I were to find myself in the situation of driving down a motorway, so shattered that I needed to take a break (unlikely as I don't try to drive further than I can in one go!), I would pull in to the services and set the alarm on my mobile to wake me up in time.

However, many people (especially of the older generations) do not carry mobile phones. And when was the last time you saw a car with a built-in alarm clock? So, without an alarm it is possible he would have slept too long.

The other possibility is that he fell ill and was not able to arise from his porcelain throne in time.

I do agree people shouldn't whinge when caught though... a trip to any supermarket carpark shows you can get a blue badge for pretty much anything nowadays. Either the clamper was a heartless b*stard who refused to waive the fine for someone out of compassion for their reduced ability, or the blue badge person was demanding leniency where none was required. Either option shows someone needs a personality improvement.

it says on motorways, take a break, if you are tired, so someone I know pulled into a service station, and took a break, but exceeded the 2 hours allowed. The parking laws are clearly displayed, break them, and pay the fine.
I do agree people shouldn't whinge when caught though... a trip to any supermarket carpark shows you can get a blue badge for pretty much anything nowadays. Either the clamper was a heartless b*stard who refused to waive the fine for someone out of compassion for their reduced ability, or the blue badge person was demanding leniency where none was required. Either option shows someone needs a personality improvement.

This is quite common assumption. But to get a blue badge fraudulently you either have to steal/forge it, in which case it wouldn't check out. Or you need a dodgy doctor, which I have heard of dubious case, but frankly it would be quite difficult. You would probably have to have quite a close association with the doctor, for them to risk their career over it.

It is not for the "clamper" to determine how disabled someone is. Knowing someone who has a blue badge because of her son, I know how strict things are nowadays. Previously you could have all manner of people using it if there was someone who qualified. it can only be used if the the person who qualifies is using the car at the time (although another person can drive). To display it otherwise is an offence.

If you know diffident I'd like to see some evidence.

I'd have a grudge if someone tried to fit me up with a view to ruining me professionally and thereby interfering with my life. What i can't understand is that this thing was still at the school a year later to leave, wheres your support from senior management, this creature should have been expelled the day it was found he was lying. If he made a complaint to the police then he should have been charged with perverting the course of justice, the law applies in school.

I do agree people shouldn't whinge when caught though... a trip to any supermarket car park shows you can get a blue badge for pretty much anything nowadays. Either the clamper was a heartless b*stard who refused to waive the fine for someone out of compassion for their reduced ability, or the blue badge person was demanding leniency where none was required. Either option shows someone needs a personality improvement.

This is quite common assumption. But to get a blue badge fraudulently you either have to steal/forge it, in which case it wouldn't check out. Or you need a dodgy doctor, which I have heard of dubious case, but frankly it would be quite difficult. You would probably have to have quite a close association with the doctor, for them to risk their career over it.

As a 'blue badge' holder, I would like to make the following observations.

Firstly: You shouldn't use a blue badge to park in inconvenient places because you can. No wonder you wind people up!

Secondly: When I struggle to find a disable bay to park in, there seems to be hardly anyone else coming and going, who seem to have any MOBILITY problems. What IS going on? Visually, it seems that about 98% of people using them, are doing it with a reason that doesn't cause MOBILITY problems.
Asthma? Bad knee?.... WHAT? Do they get a wheelchair out of the car when they park? No! It's about time qualifications were redefined!

You see it all the time though. You know, parking places in the supermarket for women with children, intended for those that need to get out pushchairs or other transport for their babies.
Don't you feel anger, when someone climbs out of the car with a 10 year old accompanying them? There are a constant queue of people willing to stick two fingers up at the rest of the world.

I do agree people shouldn't whinge when caught though... a trip to any supermarket car park shows you can get a blue badge for pretty much anything nowadays. Either the clamper was a heartless b*stard who refused to waive the fine for someone out of compassion for their reduced ability, or the blue badge person was demanding leniency where none was required. Either option shows someone needs a personality improvement.

Firstly: You shouldn't use a blue badge to park in inconvenient places because you can. No wonder you wind people up!

Secondly: When I struggle to find a disable bay to park in, there seems to be hardly anyone else coming and going, who seem to have any MOBILITY problems. What IS going on? Visually, it seems that about 98% of people using them, are doing it with a reason that doesn't cause MOBILITY problems.
Asthma? Bad knee?.... WHAT? Do they get a wheelchair out of the car when they park? No! It's about time qualifications were redefined!

You see it all the time though. You know, parking places in the supermarket for women with children, intended for those that need to get out pushchairs or other transport for their babies.
Don't you feel anger, when someone climbs out of the car with a 10 year old accompanying them? There are a constant queue of people willing to stick two fingers up at the rest of the world.

My wife is a BB holder - she suffers from asthma

....just for your info, she looks quite normal and healthy, MOST of the time

she also regularly goes blue, starts shaking and knows whats in all the cubby holes of an ambulance. I regularly prod her when she is asleep to check if she is still alive

Please do not lump all asthma suffers as malingerers, I would glady give up the BB in return for a cure......

My wife is a BB holder - she suffers from asthma

....just for your info, she looks quite normal and healthy, MOST of the time

she also regularly goes blue, starts shaking and knows whats in all the cubby holes of an ambulance. I regularly prod her when she is asleep to check if she is still alive

Please do not lump all asthma suffers as malingerers, I would glady give up the BB in return for a cure......[/quote]

I'm sorry to hear that, it must be frightening, and perhaps Asthma was perhaps not a good example, BUT,
Your Wife is disabled 'sometimes', do you use normal parking bays when she isn't?
If she is taken ill whilst in the car, how will a disabled bay help? If she is taken ill when out of the car, do you call an ambulance? (sounds like it.) how will a disabled bay help?

Lymmranger:

NO.....my comments were unfair, I suppose it depends on how ill she gets whilst out of the car. Maybe she CAN get back to the car sometimes.
Mind you, with that condition, I think I might be more likely to leave her with somebody, whilst I brought the car to her.

I am not getting into an argument over this...

If you hold a badge then you know very well just how difficult to get they actually are.

YES they are abused by relatives and I suppose by malingers too, but policing abuse is for the authorities NOT other BB holders

BUT I am trying to say that appearances can be very deceptive

My wife uses her badge because it is WALKING that makes her ill

Oh and just to reinforce my point...

....I once saw a confrontation between a stormtrooper blue badge holder and a rather attractive young lady in an XR3i cabriolet who had just parked in a disabled bay. The usual grumpy comments were made.
The young lady in question stared him out and then calmly lifted up her jumper. Once I had finished oggling the sites on display I was eventually diverted onto the rather horriffic scars criss crossing her chest. She went on to inform him of her recent heart transplant.

Live and let live, and stop judging people you know nothing about :unsure:

Yes, an argument is pointless. And yes, there are many out there with concealed ailments that can't be judged, but we both know, that in a line of 20 bays in say a large supermarket, you can often see nobody that has any visible mobility problems. They can't ALL have none visible conditions can they?

I don't usually confront people, except when they display clear indications that there are NO mobility problems, like, when they lock the car, and run off to where they want to be. It's not uncommon.

In case you are wondering, I have spinal problems that make it EXTREMELY painful to be upright, eight 2 inch screws in my sacrum & spine. I can walk just fine, my legs are OK, but within seconds I'm in agony when stood.
My Wife has had two heart bypasses, the second of which lasted 9 hours instead of the anticipated 4, and she nearly died. They kept her unconcious for near a week. She cannot push my wheelchair, as the tendency is to put strain on her split sternum.
This means that I have to quickly get my wheelchair from the car, and look after myself.
The question still stands, just who DOES qualify for a blue badge?

Please pass my good wishes to your Wife! I will stick to my agonising back, rather than swap with her, for the terror she must experience during an attack.

Sponsored Links
Back