Immersion heaters tripping

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
MCBs with added protection

then i don't know. i know there are two switches on the consumer unit for the immersion heaters, which i assume are what you guys refer to as MCB and the main switch on the consumer unit, which I understand is called the main RCD.

i don't know if the MCB are RCBOs. the consumer unit was installed earlier in the year by another electrician so it is quite a new unit.

Some big companies like to go the whole hog and fit RCDs where there weren't before.

My theory was they could have fitted RCBOs where there weren't before and wired them wrongly.

Some photographs may help get an idea what could be wrong.

You would be surprised

If NICEIC registered as approved contractor and domestic installer can't be relied upon then not sure how else you are supposed to verify a company's competence. I would expect they can still be incompetent, but I would hope NICEIC do checks on electricians before approving them!

Some big companies like to go the whole hog and fit RCDs where there weren't before.

My theory was they could have fitted RCBOs where there weren't before and wired them wrongly.

Some photographs may help get an idea what could be wrong.

no, the dynorod guy only fitted the immersion heaters as I have a policy with them and so that covers only the immersion heaters and no fixed wiring, which was why I had to employ a separate electrician to test the wiring when the newly installed immersion heaters tripped.

Is one of the heating elements on an 'off peak' supply ie only comes on late at night?

but I would hope NICEIC do checks on electricians before approving them!

Nice to see you have a sense of humour, this free forum has probably done more for training people than any scheme

Yes, so the night time one only trips at night time?

The 24 hr one trips anytime of the day?

Sounds daft, but trying to work out what could be wrong.

Before you had both elements changed, which was the first element to go wrong, in the beginning?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back