Immigrants

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got very angry the other day. I saw a group of immigrant people who had set up their own enclave in a town, complete with schools, bars, cafes, estate agents and shops selling their own food, newspapers in their own language etcetera...

The estate agents were actively encouraging more of their countrymen to move there. These people have no regard for the host country's way of life or customs and don't even bother to learn the language, preferring to stay in their insular communities.

To be honest, I was disgusted.

The people and town?

Brits in any Costa town...

Does it make you think even a little bit differently about what you perceive is happening here?

Sponsored Links
The people and town?
Brits in any Costa town...
Do the indigenous locals dislike such a state of affairs?

Does it make you think even a little bit differently about what you perceive is happening here?
Should it? You're saying "British people who emmigrate often make no effort to integrate", which is exactly the same argument offered against immigrants to Britain. So aren't you just proving their point?

Sponsored Links
Exactly.
He thinks it isn't OK to do it in the costa's but thinks it fine and dandy for it to happen here.
Typical progressive liberal.
Hmm....
I thought he was merely pointing out to those who moan about immigration and integration should stop and look at the way Brits behave abroad too and perhaps stop being such hypocrites.

So it's how you wish to see things or twist them isn't it?

We're entitled to say what Roger thinks.

Roger thinks it's OK for British migrants to refuse to integrate, buf he hates anyone foreign coming to the UK.

Typical hypernationalist neofascist.

Most of the people who are in spain retire there and their money go,s into the economy they dont work and send their money home to the country they have come from, its totally different.

We're entitled to say what Roger thinks.

Roger thinks it's OK for British migrants to refuse to integrate, buf he hates anyone foreign coming to the UK.

Typical hypernationalist neofascist.

LiveLeak-dot-com-34d_1478724498-JTuCDsSl_1478724515.jpg.resized.jpg

The OP has already told us what he thinks.
No need for mind reading.

The OP has already told us what he thinks.
No need for mind reading.
I think you'll find he was using irony to get the point over. Perhaps you took it too literally? He certainly didn't say it was fine and dandy for it to happen here.
He thinks it isn't OK to do it in the costa's but thinks it fine and dandy for it to happen here.

Sponsored Links
Back