Immigrants

To be honest, I was disgusted.

The people and town?

Brits in any Costa town...

Does it make you think even a little bit differently about what you perceive is happening here?

So, what's the cost of these self-supporting, self-funding expats to the Spanish economy, compared to the cost of non-EU migrants to the UK economy?

The Stooges/lefties are always banging on about how immigration is great for the economy. Strange that when some Brits REALLY are good for an economy, they're against it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ion-from-outside-Europe-cost-120-billion.html

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
What is 'unreal' about the comparison?

comparing brits retiring/moving to Spain with economic migrants moving here

Lets face it the Spanish economy is down the toilet. similar to the Greek, Portuguese

& the Italian's are in the sh*te or soon will be.

If you are looking to be an economic migrant the best country to go to would be Greenland ;) providing u can take out Greenlander citizen ship ?

Sponsored Links
integration

blimey this country sets an example to the world on integration. Every where the brits go we integrate

Thousands go to Spain for there hoilidays union jack shorts , knotted hanky on there eads , can of johns Smith in hand :)

who spend there holidays in the Red Lion.:)

or in the local café having pie , beans & chips :) or shopping in Spainsbury's & trying to work out if cadburys chocolate fingers in spain taste the same as
the cadurys chocolate fingers they can get in there local co op :)

Yep this country will be sadly missed by the rest of Europe when we leave the EU .

still that's there loss I say

Apart from grasping the point of SS's post, I think you sum up the situation very well.

Too many have swallowed the propaganda that Britain is Utopia populated by superior beings and all other countries of Europe and the world are just backward hovels where neanderthals still live.

P.S. Isn't there a recent theory that neanderthals weren't as bad (intellectually) as used to be thought.

Does it make you think even a little bit differently about what you perceive is happening here?

Not one little bit.

When Brits emigrate, they don't demand that the country becomes Christian, and they don't accuse the locals of being kafirs. They don't expect handouts, and they don't expect welfare benfits, and they don't use the local human rights act to stay in the country when they've committed a crime.

Yes, they do build enclaves, speak their own language, stick with the food they know, so there are parallels, but they're limited, and in the main, brits are either retiring on a British pension, or in specified jobs, so not keeping the wages of the locals down. They're not looking for handouts, but unlike the economic migrants that come here who're also looking for a better life, they're doing it off their own backs.

Everything needs to be kept in perspective - on both sides of the argument.

Not one little bit.

When Brits emigrate, they don't demand that the country becomes Christian, and they don't accuse the locals of being kafirs. They don't expect handouts, and they don't expect welfare benfits, and they don't use the local human rights act to stay in the country when they've committed a crime.

Yes, they do build enclaves, speak their own language, stick with the food they know, so there are parallels, but they're limited, and in the main, brits are either retiring on a British pension, or in specified jobs, so not keeping the wages of the locals down. They're not looking for handouts, but unlike the economic migrants that come here who're also looking for a better life, they're doing it off their own backs.

Everything needs to be kept in perspective - on both sides of the argument.

You will never know just how wrong you are on sooo many levels.

In fact, I suggest you should change your username to 'Wrong'.

When you go abroad 1x a year on your summer jollies, this should not be confused with the ex-pat experience.

You will never know just how wrong you are on sooo many levels.

The point of a discussion is to illuminate others with the wisdom of your experience, yet to be able to remain respectful of where others are coming from. Just telling someone they are wrong brings nothing to the discussion, and fails to open their eyes.

The point of a discussion is to illuminate others with the wisdom of your experience, yet to be able to remain respectful of where others are coming from. Just telling someone they are wrong brings nothing to the discussion, and fails to open their eyes.

I could handle the criticism if it came from ayone else . . . But you just do not have a clue of how us Brits behave abroad.

I spent 5yrs in Saudi, is it OK with you that we were in their country whilst shagging high class hookers & knocking back hooch like there was no tomorrow ?

Your holiday in Benidorm does not give you the right of an opinion of how Brits behave abroad.

Just because you acted like that, doesn't mean that everyone does, and I certainly wouldn't criticise you for doing it; you worked hard, enjoyed yourself, and put money in to the local economy, and (possibly) brought some back with you, and that's what a lot of immigrant to this country do, but did you tell the locals how they should act, and did you expect them to support you, no you didn't, so exactly where have I gone wrong.

But I've never been to Benidorm, so please stop making the assumptions that you so happily accuse me of doing.

Sponsored Links
Back