Immigration at a record level...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Brexiteers ain't going to like this...

Linky Linky

What happened to 'taking back control of our borders'?

I wonder if 'insufficient privileges' will be applied when the truth is dared to be told yet again? ;)

Sponsored Links
Of course it’s nothing to do with people fleeing a war in Europe, 'international students' bringing their family over (which will soon be stopped) or lockdowns ending is it? :rolleyes:

Of course it’s nothing to do with people fleeing a war in Europe, 'international students' bringing their family over (which will soon be stopped) or lockdowns ending is it? :rolleyes:
Always something/someone else to blame...

When will brexiteers admit that their unicorn led 'vision' has failed?

And 'soon be stopped'?

Immigration was promised to be below 100,000 after brexit and yet here we are with immigration at record levels...

Unpicked food rotting in the fields and vital jobs unable to be filled...

Could you tell us when brexit will deliver the 'bonuses' that were promised?

Sponsored Links
Why would we stop this?

Because as I understand it, said 20 year old 'student' comes to 'study' and they had been allowed to bring over wife, kids, mum, dad, grandad, grandma, sister, brother etc etc. Do you think that’s fair and reasonable? The government are taking steps to stop the family accompanying the 'student'. There are a few exceptions.

136,000 yes, One hundred and thirty six THOUSAND dependants accompanied 'students' that arrived last year.

Always something/someone else to blame...

When will brexiteers admit that their unicorn led 'vision' has failed?

And 'soon be stopped'?

Immigration was promised to be below 100,000 after brexit and yet here we are with immigration at record levels...

Unpicked food rotting in the fields and vital jobs unable to be filled...

Could you tell us when brexit will deliver the 'bonuses' that were promised?
Instead of replying to me in this thread, why don’t you reply to my question in that other thread you started about 'plod' that’s not getting any support at the moment? The one you seem to have disappeared from.

As with almost every other thread in which it's raised, this is bugger all to do with Brexit.

If we'd been in the EU then foreign students would still have worked out this scam. Time goes on, new loopholes are found and taken advantage of, then they get closed. We'd have had this happening, small boats arriving AND unrestricted legal immigration from the EU. It would probably have been even worse.

We just need a government that actually wants to stop it happening, instead of playing silly games of pretending they care while willfully allowing it to continue.

136,000, up from 16,000 in 2019, does sound like something odd is going on.

Some more detail about the claim would be good as the government has been giving inaccurate and misleading stats on migration figures recently.

Because as I understand it, said 20 year old 'student' comes to 'study' and they had been allowed to bring over wife, kids, mum, dad, grandad, grandma, sister, brother etc etc. Do you think that’s fair and reasonable? The government are taking steps to stop the family accompanying the 'student'. There are a few exceptions.

136,000 yes, One hundred and thirty six THOUSAND dependants accompanied 'students' that arrived last year.

What you will find is legal migration is far greater than illegal migration.

Even when Tory Brexxers get what they wanted they still complain.

Blah blah blah day/month/year in and out from those in power, and still these issues don't get resolved. One thing's for sure, if it wasn't for folk coming into this country (legally and to work in legitimate jobs/careers) we'd be fecked. Whose fault is that? Certainly not the fault of those coming in, although some like to paint it that way.

The older I get, the more disillusioned I become with politics and government. OT but I was watching Debate Night last night (a kind of Scottish QT) and they were discussing the dualling of the A96 between Aberdeen and Inverness. Desperately needed. Has been promised for 12 years, to date not a bit of work has started. As someone in the audience said 'there's always too much talk and too little action.'

Just about sums the whole thing up, the 'thing' being everything that's currently wrong in this country.

Blah blah blah day/month/year in and out from those in power, and still these issues don't get resolved. One thing's for sure, if it wasn't for folk coming into this country (legally and to work in legitimate jobs/careers) we'd be fecked. Whose fault is that? Certainly not the fault of those coming in, although some like to paint it that way.

The older I get, the more disillusioned I become with politics and government. OT but I was watching Debate Night last night (a kind of Scottish QT) and they were discussing the dualling of the A96 between Aberdeen and Inverness. Desperately needed. Has been promised for 12 years, to date not a bit of work has started. As someone in the audience said 'there's always too much talk and too little action.'

Just about sums the whole thing up, the 'thing' being everything that's currently wrong in this country.

They won't pay for nurses training so poor nurses are saddled with debt - they find it better to recruit foreign nurses who will put up with poorer work conditions and contracts as its better than where they came from.

Our problem is a broken economic system and the people in power only pursuit is to continue its existence.

Like i have said before, the 'Great' is a thing of the past when it comes to Britain. We are being over run with immigrants....

….recruit foreign nurses who will put up with poorer work conditions and contracts as its better than where they came from.
That’s one of the reasons I voted for Brexit to stop the poor treatment of those that come to work here. Up until just now, you are the only 'remainer' that’s slipped up and admitted it. Thanks. (y)

They won't pay for nurses training so poor nurses are saddled with debt - they find it better to recruit foreign nurses who will put up with poorer work conditions and contracts as its better than where they came from.

Our problem is a broken economic system and the people in power only pursuit is to continue its existence.
On this we agree.

Sponsored Links
Back