Installing wireless roomstat

Thanks for responses. Much as I expected really.

It's just that the only other nearish electrician is not the sort I'd employ to change a plug (the corgi chap who looks after my boiler etc that I'm happy with says he doesn't do the electrical stuff).

I'll maybe just wait till my regular chap is on the mend.

Why can't your normal corgi chap fit it? It is a simple job fitting a wireless room stat and he should know how to if he fits boilers!

Because it is illeagle!

Wiring a boiler up other than a plug top comes under Part P of the building regs, anyone who wants to argue with me on this can take it up with building regs, it is Part P notifiable work and must be documented on A MWEIC form, that is the law!

Sponsored Links
We're the first to tell people to get a RGI in when a jon involves the CC and the HSE rules also apply to part P of the building regs.

Lets not be hyprcritical ey chaps.

Thanks for all the reponses. Interesting and most revlealing.
Thanks Vicvapour for the 'by the book' information which is most useful to know. Appears my usual corgi chap was correct in referring me elsewhere for the electrical work, good to know he knows his stuff.

Cheers.

Oh, dear looks like I will have to go to jail next week then 'cos I'll be wiring up a 5 zone heating system with separate hot water (with priority) controller and a secondary return.

It's a fair cop guv.

Fricking ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Oh, dear looks like I will have to go to jail next week then 'cos I'll be wiring up a 5 zone heating system with separate hot water (with priority) controller and a secondary return.

It's a fair cop guv.

So you think the Law is ridoculous do you Dan?

Note to everyone, Dan says its okay to do your own boiler electrics beacuse he thinks the law "is ridiculous".

Are you saying I am not allowed to do it? That I am not competent to do my job?

No.

Re-read my post, your freedom "may" depend on it Dan.

What your are proposing to do is illeagle, and has been since 1 January 2005 under Part P of the building regulations.

Many people are "competent" to do gas, but without Gasfesafe registration they are breaking the law if they do work for which they are not qualified for.

It's a fair cop guv.

Would you want someone in your house doing work they are not qualified for?

How can you be sure your electrical work complies with BS7671?

How can you be sure your electrical work complies with BS7671

Because I have had the defined scope ACS in the past. :p and thoroughly useless it was too. Learnt nothing.

But enough about me. How's your eagle? I'm a bit worried about it.

How can you be sure your electrical work complies with BS7671

Because I have had the defined scope ACS in the past. :p and thoroughly useless it was too. Learnt nothing.

But enough about me. How's your eagle? I'm a bit worried about it.

What are you taking about Dan, ACS has NOTHING to do with a Part P / 2391 Testing and Inspection qualifiaction, it is NOT part of CCN1 or any of its elements.

Im interested to learn Dan how you test your electrical work when your done, you could be putting people lives at risk without the right test equipment and knowledge, to simply say, oh er, i did a bit in my ACS assesment simply is not enough anymore m8, sorry its not my fault but someone has to tell you bud.

Vic, you won't tell me much I don't know or need to know.... I have all the equipment. Trust Me.

I said ACS as I can't remember what the letters were on the back of the card - Defined Scope anyway... dull and as pointless as used dish water.

You seem to get very exercised on this matter. Perhaps you should care more for your sick Eagle. :LOL:

Would you like a picture of my Megger bag?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back