1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Insulating conservatory roof

Discussion in 'Roofing and Guttering' started by whall3y, 25 Jan 2021.

1. whall3y

whall3y

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Any views on this mechanism of insulating conservatory roof? Have been looking at replacement roof but perhaps this may be more economical? What are the disadvantages?

https://www.insul-8.co.uk/

2. Sponsored Links
  3. ^woody^

^woody^

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It's all the rage.

There are slightly differing systems, some involve changing the roof sheets instead or in addition to under insulation. It depends on the loads and the existing roof and wall frame sections being able to take the additional loading.

Just having to look at it is a major disadvantage with that system. :sick:

4. Bankrupt

Bankrupt

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have a double glazed glass roof on my conservatory. I really can't see the point of having a conservatory if you're going to have a non-transparent roof.

I like sitting in there in the evenings looking at the stars while having a relaxing drink. Sure it gets a but chilly in there in the winter, but I have an Far Infrared Red (FIR) panel heater which I put on while I'm in there - Really effective and very economical on power.

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local