Insulating conservatory roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any views on this mechanism of insulating conservatory roof? Have been looking at replacement roof but perhaps this may be more economical? What are the disadvantages?

https://www.insul-8.co.uk/

Sponsored Links
It's all the rage.

There are slightly differing systems, some involve changing the roof sheets instead or in addition to under insulation. It depends on the loads and the existing roof and wall frame sections being able to take the additional loading.

Just having to look at it is a major disadvantage with that system. :sick:

I have a double glazed glass roof on my conservatory. I really can't see the point of having a conservatory if you're going to have a non-transparent roof.

I like sitting in there in the evenings looking at the stars while having a relaxing drink. Sure it gets a but chilly in there in the winter, but I have an Far Infrared Red (FIR) panel heater which I put on while I'm in there - Really effective and very economical on power.

Sponsored Links
"We batten the roof spars to leave a 25mm cavity then fit the super quilt insulation"

Snake-oil multifoil finds yet another use..

UPVC frames can support a fair load so I would not worry too much. All the systems require some reinforcement of the roof, normally some cls skinned up the roofing spars. Personally I would keep away from thermal blanket and go with foil backed insulation board between and under. Quite a few have been done and they look fine..will you get your money back in heating cost ?..personally I would just keep the door shut till march. If you have knocked through then get it done...

You'll be investing in aerogel then, rather than multifoil..

Hey there! Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I'm on the hunt for similar info too. When it comes to insulating a conservatory roof, there are a few options to consider. Personally, I'd stay away from thermal blankets and go for foil-backed insulation boards.

Hey there! Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I'm on the hunt for similar info too. When it comes to insulating a conservatory roof, there are a few options to consider. Personally, I'd stay away from thermal blankets and go for foil-backed insulation boards.
I’ve just had a Guardian Roof installed on my conservatory. I am very pleased with it.

As for me, when considering insulation for a conservatory roof, there are several choices available. From my perspective, I would recommend avoiding thermal blankets and instead opting for insulation boards with foil backing. I recently stumbled upon this website called Camel City Roofing (https://camelcityroofing.com/) that has some helpful tips. They mention using aerogel instead of multifoil. Just sharing what I found. Hope it helps! By the way, I'm new here, just trying to join the conversation. Good luck with your conservatory project!

3 Connie's knocked down and rebuilt (as proper extensions) in the last 24 months with two more to be demolished this Summer.
Horrendous buildings (mine included).
Good riddance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back