Integrated washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i've recently had to replace the washer dryer at home, the original was hardwired in to the wall, however the new washer dryer I have boughto, I have been advised if I cut the plug off it will invalidate the warranty therefore I have fitted a single socket plug. The washer dryer now sticks out from the units, is it safe therefore to hard wire a single plug extension lead In to the wall and then plug the washer dryer in to this? I have room on top of the dryer for the plug and extension but not sure if this is safe. Any advice is much appreciated. My other option is to buy a slimline plug socket and fit this however I still think the washer dryer would stick out therefore if it is safe I would rather go with the extension lead.

Sponsored Links
I would cut the plug off. Is there a switch above the worktop controlling the socket below ? If so, i would connect to as the old machine was.

DS

Yes I have a separate washing machine switch with the other kitchen appliances controlling the relevant socket. So you think by cutting off the plug that does not invalidate the warranty as advised by AO.com!? I may contact beko direct for further clarification

Sponsored Links
You are perfectly OK to remove the plug providing by doing that it does not damage the appliance. Check it works before you cut the plug off.
Any warranty fears are urban myths.

The only gotcha is that, should a service engineer need to call, he may require that a plug is put back on the end of the lead. And that isn't difficult.

Cutting the plug off does not invalidate the warranty and there is no legal basis on which a manufacturer can claim it does, other than if they prove that a fault with the machine was as a result of incorrect wiring when connecting the wiring to the connection unit/outlet.

Thanks very much for your help, I will put the other socket back on and hard wire it to the socket. Much appreciated

Thought it might be a way of preserving my warranty foe washer dryer as would of cut plug of extension and hard wired that in to the wall...sounds like a botched job in me head so thought I'd check if OK. Now I know me warranty won't be affected I will just hard wire the washer dryer directly in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back