Intergas 28/24 (I think) boiler - Warranty considerations?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All :D
Finally I've sorted out finances and am having an Intergas boiler fitted next week.
I was recommended to have a Magnaclean installed at the same time as the boiler, but can't afford it unfortunately.
Would anyone be good enough to advise me if this or anything else (ie limescale filters etc), not being installed could invalidate the 5 year warranty?
Many many thanks chaps. :)

Sponsored Links
Fit the Hydoflow 38 on the mains feed to the boiler to prevent scale.

Just checked for prices on those and they are £100+ this is the problem. We have no money left to buy one. So, we don't have a choice really.
Thank you for the information though - much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You can easily add it later.

I have them on mine to prevent scale in the hot water side.

Ps, keep an eye on eBay.

Is Yorkshire a hard water area?

Anyway. Set the central heating temperature on the boiler as low as yo can. Start at 70, ante work down. Will boost efficiency and minimise scale.

Lime scale on that type of boiler is a major concern. Never let a hot tap drip!

In most areas a scale reducer is most recommended. Only the permanent magnet ones should be used ( or electrolytic ). The ones plugged in do nothing at all!

You dont need a Magnaclean as long as the system is cleaned properly. They boiler is not significantly affected by dirt in the heating system.

Tony

Oh..sorry everyone that's replied further. Didn't realise there were more replies.
Thank you muchly.
I checked the water here and it's moderately hard at 90.6mg/l.
The Intergas engineer says he will wash my radiator system through twice before installing the boiler so hopefully that should get rid of some of the silt.
I can't afford the power wash at 50 quid per radiator as I have 11 rads.
So it would be nearly as much as the boiler itself! :eek: lol
I promise to ensure I don't leave the hot tap dripping and will keep the temperate down. I never used to have the old boiler on full for water or heating - seemed daft to have red hot water then have to put cold into it as it was too hot to use. :D
It's been a horrible time with no hot water or heating - you just don't realise how much these little conveniences mean until they're gone.
Never mind..boiler should be in by Wednesday hopefully. :D

Just to avoid any confusion.

The Hydroflow 38 is to prevent scale in the hot water side of the HX. If the heating side is sound and a good design, air or sludge shouldn't be a problem.

they dont work.

Neither mine or my Daughters has any problem with scale yet, and she is on the side of the south downs and has very chalky water.

We also fitted 12 in a complex in Bath 10 years plus ago, and not a single problem with scale in that time.

they dont work.

Neither mine or my Daughters has any problem with scale yet, and she is on the side of the south downs and has very chalky water.

We also fitted 12 in a complex in Bath 10 years plus ago, and not a single problem with scale in that time.

we fitted over 1000 on our BG patch when i was a tsm, had to refund a bunch of people and didnt go as far as no longer fitting them (not good for business !) but reviewed the advice the engineers gave. One case we had one on a boilermate 2000, plate he scaled solid in 6 months, we fitted a hs38 and in 6 months time the plate he was again scaled solid. The guy who invented the product came out personally to site to see why it didnt work so convinced he was in his product. He couldn't explain it only that it must be an unusual type of scale :LOL: none of the others seemed to be doing a great deal either !
I would suggest they're effectiveness is just a placebo, and if you removed them there would be no difference. Whats your hardness gH or ppm there?

pH (Hydrogen Ion Conc.) = 7.65
Does that look about right? Not sure I got the right thing but looked like it. :D
We didn't have any kind of de-scaler on the old boiler..so maybe it's not too bad round here?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back