Intergas...but which...

What modulation range does the intergas have? I assume a larger range of modulation generally better or can it be used as a marketing gimmick?

Out of interest. Why have other manufacturers moved to a set-up which includes diverter valves etc. Is it a cheaper manufacturing method to achieve the same result/performance? Surely there has to be a positive to that method, otherwise why would they switch.

Sponsored Links
Modulation range is a weak point, but the robustness of the boiler offsets it somewhat.

Other manufacturers moved away from the concept because they couldn't get the HEX right. Potterton, wooshitter, Ferroli, Ideal have all tried it but screwes it up with either construction, materials or layout.

Plus, the cynic in me thinks the spares sales aren't doing them any harm.

Modulation range is a weak point, but the robustness of the boiler offsets it somewhat.
How big is that somewhat? I recall you claimed that the J&S Reno had only a small range of modulation and that was a negative for the J&S

Other manufacturers moved away from the concept because they couldn't get the HEX right.
What could they not get right ? Was it something to do with the overall efficiency of the boiler ?. It requires that a large slab of aluminium, large enough to enclose the two water coils, is heated and then allowed to cool each time there is a call for hot water. Does the "simple" design limit the range of modulation thus reducing further the overall efficiency of the boiler.

Overall efficiency relating to the efficiency achieved in the average domestic installation and not the rated efficiency that can be achieved in ideal conditions is the test laboratory.

Sponsored Links
How big is that somewhat? I recall you claimed that the J&S Reno had only a small range of modulation and that was a negative for the J&S

Look it up.

And I was looking at your schitbox in the round.

What could they not get right ? Was it something to do with the overall efficiency of the boiler ?. It requires that a large slab of aluminium, large enough to enclose the two water coils, is heated and then allowed to cool each time there is a call for hot water. Does the "simple" design limit the range of modulation thus reducing further the overall efficiency of the boiler

RTFM.

I've not been here long but in my short time, it has become apparent that Mr Green just likes to post for the sake of posting. His comments on solid fuel flues make this crystal clear.

Is the manual ( a document in the public domain ) going to give clear indication of the negative aspects of the design.

Dan is a very experienced, certified and knowledgeable engineer, employed in this field.
Bernard isn't!

Bernard was working on control, monitoring and safety systems for industrial heating equipment 8 years before Dan Robinson was born. ( I never put my true date of my birth in public profiles )

Edit 8 years not 10

Last edited:
I've not been here long but in my short time, it has become apparent that Mr Green just likes to post for the sake of posting. His comments on solid fuel flues make this crystal clear.
Got it in one. He has very occasionally been known to say something vaguely useful, but I suspect largely by accident, in the same way that if you give enough monkeys enough typewriters one of them will eventually type something intelligible....

You are making this hard work.

Extra 3 year warranty, remote diagnostics and management, slightly funkier trim. If you don't want those get the HRE.

The point of the RF is that it talks directly to the thermostat and dynamically adjusts the heating output in line with the difference between temperature setpoint and ambient.

You could acheive this with OpenTherm, but its extra work on this install.
Thanks. All this could have been written up front to save hard work for Hard-Work. Avoid one liners. ;)

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back