Intergas Eco RF beeping (video included)

Sponsored Links
Are you sure it's the boiler and not something else nearby? As far as I'm aware, there isn't anything on the boiler which can make that kind of noise. @Razor900 ?

Are you sure it's the boiler and not something else nearby? As far as I'm aware, there isn't anything on the boiler which can make that kind of noise. @Razor900 ?
Definitely the bolier as if I turn off the power it stops, you can also tell it is coming from inside the casing anyway.

How odd. I've tagged Razor because he's a senior Intergas tech, so he might have an answer for you. Boiler is showing pump overrun mode so it might be the pump beeping, although I've never heard it do that on any of the ones I've fitted.

Sponsored Links
How odd. I've tagged Razor because he's a senior Intergas tech, so he might have an answer for you. Boiler is showing pump overrun mode so it might be the pump beeping, although I've never heard it do that on any of the ones I've fitted.
It was doing it on mode 4 and 5 it just happened to be switching off when I took the video (it’s controlled via a Nest via Opentherm)
Only started doing it tonight.

Hmm Nest's rather crappy version of OpenTherm does strange things to the boiler, although beeping is a new one :LOL: bit of research suggests it could possibly be a sticking pump, but I'm sure Razor will confirm. He's probably in bed now though!

Just rang and Intergas are coming round on Thursday to look.

Think it must be the pump as the boiler wouldn’t warm the radiators this morning very well and the boiler was going through a quick ‘cycle’.

I only had the boiler fitted in April this year and it’s had very little use so far so I’m now worried I’ve made the wrong choice for reliability. At least I’ll still have hot water whilst I wait for it to be fixed though.

I have only had one of these newer pumps fail out of the hundreds of boilers we must have fitted.

And that was not really the boilers fault.

Last edited:
I only had the boiler fitted in April this year and it’s had very little use so far so I’m now worried I’ve made the wrong choice for reliability. At least I’ll still have hot water whilst I wait for it to be fixed though.
No need to worry - the boilers are extremely reliable, and we don't yet know that it's a boiler fault anyway - could be some installation debris or dirty system water that's blocked it up. It's the only boiler that will give you hot water with a stuck pump!

It could be cleaner left in the system, a lump of something large enough to jam the impeller or plain old fashioned bad luck mechanical things sometimes just fail on their own al without the installers help!!

At the end of the day there really are only a couple of pump manufacturers. Every boiler uses one or the other, if the pump dies in an Intergas, Worcester or Vaillant it's not the boilers fault.

You'll probably get a visit from Alan, make him a cuppa and talk about motorbikes and he will be your friend forever!!

And at least with the Intergas you can still have hot water ;)

cheers guys for all the replies, I'll report back on Thursday, at least the weather looks like its going to be a scorcher this week!

You'll probably get a visit from Alan, make him a cuppa and talk about motorbikes and he will be your friend forever!!

And at least with the Intergas you can still have hot water ;)

We’ll the engineer turned up (it was Alan) and swapped the pump head and I’ve got a working boiler again.

The old pump head was stiff to turn so must have stared to seize somehow but it was changed no questions asked, I just hope the new one lasts longer than 6 months this time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back