Intergas Eco RF beeping (video included)

We’ll the engineer turned up (it was Alan) and swapped the pump head and I’ve got a working boiler again.

The old pump head was stiff to turn so must have stared to seize somehow but it was changed no questions asked, I just hope the new one lasts longer than 6 months this time.

As part of home maintenance, fire your CH up for an hour, at least once, during the summer months. It'll give any moving parts a workout and reveal any defects before they become urgent.
The 'funny smell' customers ask me about when they first put their CH on, around this time of year, is 6 months or so, worth of dust baking on the pipes and radiators :)

Sponsored Links
Yes call the office on 01527888000 and get it booked in. The noise is the alarm telling you the pump is starting to seize and it will stop completely in the near future.

What brand do IG use Razor? I read that the Grunfos can give a warning of sticking, voltage anomalies etc but assumed it would be displayed, don't remember reading about audible alarm or is it built into the boiler?

Sponsored Links
As part of home maintenance, fire your CH up for an hour, at least once, during the summer months. It'll give any moving parts a workout and reveal any defects before they become urgent.
The 'funny smell' customers ask me about when they first put their CH on, around this time of year, is 6 months or so, worth of dust baking on the pipes and radiators :)
Would that advise really apply though to an Intergas Combi boiler?

Not really. There is a pump exercise programme built into the boiler software.

However, it is a good idea to make sure that the TRVs on the system are not closed off which can lead to them jamming shut over the summer months.

Well you need to use the boiler to do it :)
Ok, just so we’re on the same page, I should be firing up my CH for an hour during summer even though my CH pump runs automatically once a day, and the Combi is used everyday for hot water anyway. What benefit will that give?

What benefit will that give?

It helps prevent any crud from settling in bottlenecks such as rad valves and zone valves (if you have any for separate zones)

Edit: any stopcocks and isolation valves should also be excercised at least once a year too... But how many of us actually stick to that routine :LOL:.
I do put the CH through a warm up period around September though... First chilly evening, which is good practice... I learned the hard way ;)

Edit, edit: just look at all the "CH not working" threads that begin to appear on this forum at around this time of year :sick:

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back