Intergas Eco RF vs HRE

Here is a strip down of the ATAG. Easy to access & service.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Overview of the Navien for you:
Sorry hard@work have already decided many years ago on which boiler manufacture to be associated with. Kind of not interested with new imports from firms trying to establish themselves on the already saturated uk market.

So many very decent boiler manufactures out there :mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:
Quality is quality. Simple. You asked "how does the atag compare to your other favourite boiler". I gave you a low down on the Navien you referred to and also the ATAG. Both impressive. I do not have fav boilers.

Sorry hard@work have already decided many years ago on which boiler manufacture to be associated with. Kind of not interested with new imports from firms trying to establish themselves on the already saturated uk market.

Do you mean you go with the maker that gives you the biggest mark up using outdated technology? Or have you turned your mind off to anything new?

You should not close your mind off the new: products, innovations and superior quality.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I have an Atag IC Economiser and it performs very well. DHW output is excellent.

I wonder how many gas guys can support/service it these days? I have a 9 year old Atag A325ECX in a flat and every time I get someone to service it they look like "what the %£%"£ is this" :) Last guy (with hundreds of positive ratings on a trade websites) still managed to dislodge the flue during a "service" so that CO was leaking into the flat which we didn't detect for a few month until winter arrived.

I do like the Atags though - mine was fitted 9 years ago and never been opened up until we had to investigate CO leak. I managed to get the hold of the guy who fitted it and he said boiler looks 3-4 years old at max.

Last edited:
Looks easy doesn’t it.
Try it on an 18 month old XL140 (bank of 3).:censored:
Post back when you’ve actually stripped one down after being in service, nice and easy when straight out the box eh.(y)
Wow. Do the parts inside change shape?

Cleaning a heat exchanger ( May be dutch gas is not the same as UK gas and the heat exchanger in the UK do not need "descaling" )

0l2.jpg

I am told this is a genuine image taken during a routine service call in Holland

The stainless steel heat exchanger design is patented by ATAG. The stainless Navien heat exchanger is self cleaning; in America only being cleaned after 10 years.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back