Is anyone hated more than Blair ?

chapeu wrote
The human rights act protects us all from power crazed politicians and their police force.

What power crazed politicians reside in this country?
Only one I can think off was Brown.

The human rights act simply put into UK law what we had signed upto by treaty

Weak politicians signed this up. Please leave the term "we" out of it.

and if anything saved us all a fortune in legal aid payouts to lawyers as the UK judges can rule on matters now.

Can you explain exactly how judges didn't rule on matters before the enactment of the hra?

It's a very good thing.

No its a very bad thing imo.

It's hard to think of anything that Blair did which we should be thankful for,

True

but I'd have to say he did the right thing with the Freedom of Information act. Of course he did that early on, realised he had fecked up, and spent the rest of his reign trying to lie his way out of it.

Why do you think he fecked up if you believe it was the right thing?

Sponsored Links
He realised he had made a mistake - that was a mistake in his mind, not in mine. Perhaps I didn't explain it well, perhaps I still haven't.

He realised he had made a mistake - that was a mistake in his mind, not in mine. Perhaps I didn't explain it well, perhaps I still haven't.
You explained it quite well in your line..

It's hard to think of anything that Blair did which we should be thankful for, but I'd have to say he did the right thing with the Freedom of Information act. Of course he did that early on, realised he had fecked up, and spent the rest of his reign trying to lie his way out of it.

Others just don't get it sometimes... ;)

You explained it quite well in your line..

It's hard to think of anything that Blair did which we should be thankful for, but I'd have to say he did the right thing with the Freedom of Information act. Of course he did that early on, realised he had fecked up, and spent the rest of his reign trying to lie his way out of it.

Others just don't get it sometimes... ;)

Who asked you to intervene with your snide comments?
FYI I hadn't known bliar regretted implementing the fia. (or maybe I just forgot)

I believe he referred to himself afterwards regarding the matter as a
naive, foolish, irresponsible nincompoop.
Sums him up well in just about everything he done.

Sponsored Links
The 2 points you raise I don't disagree with but that's more to do with Europe
than left wing labour policies.
All this cr#p as been going on years going back to the 80's.

The English (myself included) are very good at moaning but very rarely get up and do anything about it :(

Speak for yourself, yes i moan, i also try and change things when i have the chance at general elections.

The 2 points you raise I don't disagree with but that's more to do with Europe
than left wing labour policies.
All this cr#p as been going on years going back to the 80's.

The English (myself included) are very good at moaning but very rarely get up and do anything about it :(

Speak for yourself, yes i moan, i also try and change things when i have the chance at general elections.

I've voted at every election since I was old enough to vote, I've seen more Tory wins than labour ones but its always the same old drivel that they spout

Back