Is China the main supplier of PPE equipment?

Still waiting for your answer andy11

I shouldn't think there are any mass manufacturers, although there are plenty of shoemakers, and still plenty of people who custom-make shoes for you, which is not as dear as you might think. Buy British and not foreign like I do and make the manufacturers stronger. If a country doesn't produce anything its economy is based on imaginary money. Next question.

Sponsored Links
I shouldn't think there are any mass manufacturers, although there are plenty of shoemakers, and still plenty of people who custom-make shoes for you, which is not as dear as you might think. Buy British and not foreign like I do and make the manufacturers stronger. If a country doesn't produce anything its economy is based on imaginary money. Next question.
Which brand shoes do you buy?

Sponsored Links
What are you on about now Comrade Notch? You are rambling - have you got cabin fever?
standing up for UK manufacture means supporting workers....something Labour has been doing for decades, whilst Thatcher did a great deal to end industry in this country

so you must be left wing

standing up for UK manufacture means supporting workers....something Labour has been doing for decades, whilst Thatcher did a great deal to end industry in this country

so you must be left wing

Comrade Notch, I think you have driven yourself into an intellectual cul-de-sac, thinking that everything is either left-wing or right-wing. Manufacturing is neither left nor right, and supporting workers is not exclusively a left-wing thing to do. The current Labour and Conservative parties do not act in the interest of British workers by bringing in foreigners to undercut them.

Which brand shoes do you buy?

Clarks mainly, but I do have some British shoes: Loakes and Barkers, which I've had for years and will last forever because you can have them repaired, unlike the Clarks. I have some tailor made shoes which are great, and I would eventually like to have all my shoes custom made. I also have some clogs, British made of course, although nobody wears these anymore except for clog dancing. Perhaps bringing back clogs could save us?

Apart from a few high end makers the UK shoe industry has all but disappeared, New Balance excepted, I doubt the average family will kit the kids out for school with £300 shoes

Apart from a few high end makers the UK shoe industry has all but disappeared, New Balance excepted, I doubt the average family will kit the kids out for school with £300 shoes

Thanks Comrade Crystal, I hadn't heard of "New Balance", do they only make trainers?

Question for you now: Do you want there to be a British shoe industry? (Or any kind of British industry?)

I think so, silly question, of course, my business depends on it as do many others

I think so, silly question, of course, my business depends on it as do many others

Yes it was a silly question, and one that should not need asking; but there are a lot of silly people about. People who deride Britain, its people, its history and seem to want us to fail and be forever dependent on goods and people from overseas. Glad you're not one of those silly people. How many pairs of shoes do I buy per year? I don't know, never thought about it. It varies. Sometimes none, sometimes 3 or 4 pairs per year. Sometimes I buy secondhand ones if they're decent. I'm not a throwaway type; I make do and mend.

Why? Are you going to set up a shoe factory? It can't be hard to make shoes, they have been around hundreds of years.

It is hard to make shoes, bespoke take a lot of time and skill, mass production requires injection moulding equipment which is complex and expensive

ISTR that there are still shoe manufacturers in Rossendale.
Home to the above Bacup Coconutters dance troupe.

Sponsored Links
Back