Is France a police state?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
School children forced to kneel, hands on head, some against a wall.

Many under sixteen.

One for example was arrested and thrown in jail. His mother has heard nothing 24 hours later.

90,000 police to be deployed this weekend.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Left wing nut job Macrap , tax the middle and working classes into oblivion, a taste of things to come when Corbyn gets in.

Im not sure he really a Leftie though.

He campaigned and promoted himself as left leaning liberal, but 44% of his tax breaks benefit the super rich. If anything his policies are right wing.

Perhaps the French dont like a rich kid that got lucky. He certainly seems to love himself.

Im not sure he really a Leftie though.

He campaigned and promoted himself as left leaning liberal, but 44% of his tax breaks benefit the super rich. If anything his policies are right wing.

Perhaps the French dont like a rich kid that got lucky. He certainly seems to love himself.
Macron reduced the "contentious wealth tax and introduced a flat rate on capital gains (tax)" https://www.ft.com/content/3d907582-b893-11e7-9bfb-4a9c83ffa852 similar to what is used in UK, except without any allowance. So France's capital gains is still significantly higher than UK's.
So he was trying to bring France into line with other EU countries.
Moreover he did so with a specific intention: "to unleash business-friendly policies aimed at attracting investors and revitalising the eurozone’s second-largest economy." https://www.ft.com/content/3d907582-b893-11e7-9bfb-4a9c83ffa852

It is not as though Macron has introduced these tax changes surreptitiously:
"The tax cuts, which fulfil promises made on the campaign trail," https://www.ft.com/content/3d907582-b893-11e7-9bfb-4a9c83ffa852

Also, Macron's flagship policy is to overhaul France's economy.
The tax changes are just one of his tactics to achieve his vision.
Another of his tactics is to overhaul the overly-bureaucratic civil service.

Left wing nut job Macrap , tax the middle and working classes into oblivion, a taste of things to come when Corbyn gets in.
I guess all we can hope is that when he gets in you are so incensed that you emigrate.

Get rid of Macrap, "Merkel's puppet", he's finished, bring in Marine Le Pen.
He is. It's just his purse that's conservative.
There are some people here of whom I genuinely wonder how they ever manage to find their way back home if they ever leave it without carrying a map.

There are some people here of whom I genuinely wonder how they ever manage to find their way back home if they ever leave it without carrying a map.
Big mouth strikes again. You are a fine one to talk, all the ****e you come out with, I'm surprised you manage to keep posting as you must ruin so many keyboards dribbling on them.

There is not one single rational, intelligent person in the world who would describe Macron as a "left wing nut job".

Not one.

Said the europhile who's clearly never been to France.

How ironic.

There is not one single rational, intelligent person in the world who would describe Macron as a "left wing nut job".

Except perhaps people who live in France. As it happens, I know quite a few people who do and they say the same thing.

Big mouth strikes again. You are a fine one to talk, all the ****e you come out with, I'm surprised you manage to keep posting as you must ruin so many keyboards dribbling on them.

I have to wonder why he does keep posting as the concensus seems to be that he's full of it. Only Ellal and John D seem to give him any praise (hardly surprising).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back