Is France a police state?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was more sinister is that the armoured vehicles the polic used have the EU flag on them; taste of things to come in the EU police state, where the EU army is not intended for defence, but to quel opposition to Brussels.

Sponsored Links
Is France a police state?

Of course it is...

Along with every other country on this planet!

And the reason why?

The 'state' is never wrong!

It matters not whether people live under dictatorships or so called democracies...

When the monied people are threatened, the 'state' heeds their call and cracks the whip!

Sponsored Links
Compared to Le Pen?

He is very left wing, the French political system on the whole is much further left than our own.
compared to Le Pen everyone is left wing....
come on mate, if you know anything about politics you would know Macron could never be described as left wing, he is so far up the elitists arses that only the soles of his boots are showing.
please explain to me how you could see him as left wing?

The French have always had less respect for democratic institutions than the UK

There a hopeless mob tbh most of there presidents get accused of corruption or some other dodgy behaviour in office

Some one always has bail the French out

That was my understanding: Macron is rich and is part of the elite.

Still, thats what republicans wish for
not really, i would like to see the end of our Royal Family, but i still wouldnt like to be governed by someone who is controlled by the rich and powerful, one who is in the pocket of the people that evade tax.
wait a minute, that is pretty much what we have over here and we have a monarchy. a country that is ruled by the rich, a country in which the rich avoid paying tax whilst we make the poor pay every penny that they owe, a country that shuts down our services because we have no money but allow the tax avoiders to hide their wealth in offshore accounts, a country that sends our young boys to go and fight in illegal wars to make money for the rich, a country that sells weapons to the likes of Saudi Arabia that bombs and starves Yemenis and then say "oh, this is awful, this is terrible" then proceeds to sell them even more weapons..
No wonder there is a hate campaign by the rich to keep the likes of Corbyn from power.

these anti-foreigner posts don't tell us much about the French.

But they tell us a lot about the posters.

these anti-foreigner posts don't tell us much about the French.

But they tell us a lot about the posters.

These virtue signalling posts, dont add to the discussion.

They do tell that JohnD likes to use any opportunity to be smug and take the moral high ground
Its a typical narrative of Left wing remainers.........I expect they are the ones causing the division in this country.

Notch's posts
dont add to the discussion.

They tell us that he has sympathy with the anti-foreigner posts and just throws in pointless speculation when attention is drawn to them.

They do tell that JohnD likes to use any opportunity to be smug and take the moral high ground
But what is to be done when there are people (almost everybody) who are genuinely morally superior to you?

please explain to me how you could see him as left wing?
Sammy is one of those who in their "mind" regards anyone who is not a supporter of no taxes, no regulations, no state schools, no state healthcare, no state pension, no police, no fire service, no roads, no welfare benefits etc as left wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back