Is Islam a religion of peace?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
* 18,000 deadly terror attacks committed explicitly in the name of Islam in just the last ten years. (Other religions combined for perhaps a dozen or so).

* What is the penalty for leaving Islam?

* Are women equal in any way to men (in any country in the world) under Islam and Sharia law?

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
I doubt that any religion is one of peace - it's just that Islam appears most tending towards extreme actions, when provoked.

I think Islam is a shocking religion. Deffo the worst of the lot. Highest percentage of nutters too.

Sponsored Links
people should not confuse what people do in the name off any cause as being spokes persons or acting in the name off that cause as they don't
they may act close to the principals or close to way it was intended but they can never ever be the owners as they are long in the past
only the founder members can alter the ground rules as they started it anything after is a ba6tardisation unless theres a mechanism in place for gradual and controlled evolution :D ;)

people should not confuse what people do in the name off any cause as being spokes persons or acting in the name off that cause as they don't

Says you.
If someone says "I do this in the name of .......", I think it's a fair bet that they're "doing it in the name of........."

they may act close to the principals or close to way it was intended but they can never ever be the owners as they are long in the past
only the founder members can alter the ground rules as they started it anything after is a ba6tardisation unless theres a mechanism in place for gradual and controlled evolution :D ;)

My youngest went on a primary school trip to a mosque recently.

The (imam?) told them that followers must know the Quran off by heart, by age 10.
Someone asked why.
The (imam?) replied that "the Word would not be altered from that originally laid down".

The Reformation may be a while off yet.........

You are right, big-all, but unfortunately this site is plagued by a handful of obsessive anti-Islamists who spend their time peppering GD with their rabid prejudice.

Says you.
If someone says "I do this in the name of .......", I think it's a fair bet that they're "doing it in the name of........."

I can claim to be speaking for brain surgeons or the roman catholic church, so therefore I am ???

Says you.

I can claim to be speaking for brain surgeons or the roman catholic church, so therefore I am ???

If you are Roman Catholic, and acting in accordance with the bible, are you?

you can find anything in the bible that you want to.

Kill Fortunetellers

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB

Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

Kill Followers of Other Religions.

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Kill Brats

From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces. (2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB)

Kill Fortunetellers

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Kill Brats

From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces. (2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB)

How many people have lost their lives this year, based on the literal words of the Bible?

Kill Fortunetellers

Kill Homosexuals

Kill Brats

Killed for 'being gay': ISIS savages blindfolded man and threw him off tower block - then stoned him to death when he SURVIVED the fall

the problem with white appeasers is once the SHTF you make the working classes go to war on your behalf..

Cowards the lot of you.

You are right, big-all, but unfortunately this site is plagued by a handful of obsessive anti-Islamists who spend their time peppering GD with their rabid prejudice.

Have you considered why so many people are, as you put it, anti-Islamic?

Are there an equal number of anti-Sikhs, anti-Hindus, anti-Hebrews, anti-Buddhists? Why not?

Kill Fortunetellers... etc.

The Old Testament was written thousands of years ago and, although the original wording remains (possibly for historical reasons), no-one who I am aware of goes around committing murder for the reasons given.

Christians, you see, have moved on over the centuries, unlike members of a certain other religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back