Is it me????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a sad reflection of the times when Adam is being careful to explain a simple remark, without being accused of something he doesn't mean.

Sponsored Links
Sadder still if inhibited from actually saying what one means ..... What do they say ? .. "..May not agree with what x is saying, but I'll vigorously defend his right to say it !!"
There are plenty of 'British' who see political correctness as a weakness, and exploit it to the full !!

P

The trouble is that kids these days don't seem to have their energy channelled effectively.
I saw 'that'll teach em' last night and some of these kids who were perenial underachievers at modern schools really excelled in the traditional crafts/skills. More than that, they seemed genuinely excited and enthusiastic about doing this type of work. How often do we see that in modern schools these days where the emphasis is all on getting good academic grades and then everyone going to university!
But fundamental to all of this is good discipline and that's got to come from the parents. There's so much that can be achieved if only the kids & parents can be helped at an early age. Bring on more behavioural psychologist programs, and maybe we can all learn a thing or two. Although don't get me wrong I think parenting is probably the most difficult job in the world and which you very rarely get taught and get even less praise when you do well! Those of you with kids, I take my hat off to you.

Do not forget .. they probably revelled in the attention showered upon them ..... perhaps a little new to them.
Tis the most difficult job .. bar none

P

Sponsored Links
My best mate and I quite often talk about another friend of his, who has a five year old lad whose behaviour is rather bad. Spoilt rotten and just has to shout to get what he wants. They never give him clear rules and boundries, so he just constantly messes them around.

He is often often threatened with 'If you do that again, we'll call the police'

One day the father was speaking to my friend and said 'Yes, we are hoping when (name) starts school, they'll sort him out'

It's always a third party that will sort their problems out... :rolleyes:

Ironic they are trying to introduce a licence for fishing when any idiot can create a child...

A colleague of mine (34yo, 4 kids :eek: ) was telling me about some good parenting he did at the weekend. His youngest (5) had his friend round, and as a special treat my colleague took the two of them to McDonalds.

This friend of his son is really hyperactive, just uncontrollable. He put up with it but as they were leaving Maccy D's the kid was just being unbearable. He said to the child "If you don't calm down and chill out, I'm going to get some soldiers to come and shoot you." The kid said "You don't know any soldiers!"

He then turned round, and there were two large squaddies walking towards him. Colleague had seen them getting out of their Land Rover up the street and heading their way. Making the most of your surroundings, so to speak.

He reports that there was not a peep out of the boy after that. :LOL:

The problem is there is no punishment these days. Not just 4 kids but 4 everything. The i dont give a s**t because they cant do anything attitude has to stop. Saudi..........steal=lose a hand, Rape=lose mr twinky and murder= off with your head mate. All of this = deterrent. Drug smuggling in Far East=big no no. Over here, oh ok mate off you go and don,t be naughty. Thanks Mr Bliar for signing up to this human rights s**t. WHAT ABOUT US??????? :evil:

Urgent action is called for now, says Blair in dire global warning
Here
A little more than 45 mins ... allegedly !!

Paving the way for even higher taxes ..... This is the next bogyman after they admit Bin Laden is dead .. following the US elections !! ;)

jasy said:
Saudi..........steal=lose a hand, Rape=lose mr twinky and murder= off with your head mate.

OK, so they have the right idea with deterrents. According to islamic law, there are also "justifiable" crimes, e.g. if your family is starving and you steal food, they shouldn't lop your hands off.

However, I wouldn't want to move to islamic law here. Much as they act as deterrents, and make it easy to spot a convict, and harder for them to repeat the crime, I really wouldn't want to be the one in a thousand who is framed and ends up with no hands. I remember being shown some videos of islamic justice being enforced a few years ago. When you have seen a man having all 4 extremities amputated in the middle of the town square it does make you question the "justice" of it.

A law that probably wouldn't be well-received in the UK: islam "punishes" homosexuality (men and women) with beheading, and it still happens to this day. The traditional punishment is somewhat bizarre: the Quran's interpretration of the story of Sodom is that stones rained down onto it's inhabitants. So, they dig a pit next to a wall, place the accused in there, then demolish the wall onto them. They leave them for a bit, then dig them out. If they survive they are let off, but they seldom do. If you don't want to demolish a wall, the alternative is to throw them from a tall building, then stone them. :eek: And that applies to someone who has been bum-rap*ed against their will, too. :eek:

Islam practiced in the modern western way (I don't include extremists) is a religion of reason and charity. But the traditional ways still practiced in much of the arabic world are as acceptable to my sensibilities as the old ways of witch hunting and The Inquisition.

Oh, another thing. Bin Laden in public would be rather easy to spot. How is this so? Well, did you know he is 6'6" tall (FBI website)? Rather tall for a man in that part of the world. Looking at his buddies, they are all in the region of 5'6". Assuming this to be the average height wherever they are, that makes him a foot taller than average.

This is equivalent to a man of 6'10" in the UK. Would you spot someone nearly 7 feet tall in the street? I think so!

He's probably sitting in Sangat, waiting to catch the Eurostar to claim asylum in London. :LOL:

Jasy,
What do you think about bringing back national service?

This quote always makes me smile when I read stuff like this.

Quote:
"The youth of today is singularly deficient in manners, sadly lacking in respect of their elders, yet their personal conceit is colossal.
They are self-willed, self-satisfied, and self-concerned of their own value to society.
If the future of humanity lies in their hands, which God forbid, then the destiny of mankind indeed is dark."

The Monk Benedictus,
writing in the 11th Century.

waran said:
Jasy,
What do you think about bringing back national service?

I'm not Jasy, but I'm for it in theory. Even if they were to introduce it tomorrow and my age fell into the bracket. The main reason that stopped me joining the TA was that I don't want to put my career on hold for a year or more every time there is a war. If there is national service, EVERYONE does it so it is equal for everyone.

Of course, I am also very much in favour of equal opportunities so I would be all for extending it to women too (not sure about frontline duty though). This would cause some major problems, many girls would deliberately become pregnant to get out of it, possibly even encouraged by their family if there was the likelihood of war. I know there are women in the forces already, but they are there because that is what they want to do. Not sure how you could solve this one... :confused:

Whatsmore, I would include anyone in the correct age bracket. Asylum seekers (men and women), and it would be a term of gaining citizenship in the UK. "Ah, Mr and Mrs Abdul. Yes, I will be happy to put your application through. You can have citizenship as of tomorrow, you may both pick up your papers at the National Service office". If you want the UK to serve you, you must serve the UK.

Language barriers don't have to be a problem. My grandfather is a Welshman, served in the Welsh guards in the war alongside people who couldn't speak English. It was harsh at first (the officers weren't sympathetic that they couldn't understand orders) but they worked it out somehow. And the French Foreign Legion works too. It would be best to mix them in, if you had e.g. a special arabic regiment, it is quite likely that you would be mixing people from countries that hate each other and end up with trouble on your hands. Plus it would help their integration into UK culture and society.

Hmmmm, I'm sounding a bit like Joey Stalin for my liking here! :LOL: Assuming everyone does 1 year, then that would mean an armed forces of roughly a million people at any one time. :eek:

AdamW said:
citizenship in the UK. "Ah, Mr and Mrs Abdul. Yes, I will be happy to put your application through. You can have citizenship as of tomorrow, you may both pick up your papers at the National Service office". If you want the UK to serve you, you must serve the UK.
I can see a slight problem in this theory, Fundamentalists would love the oppurtunity to infiltrate our armed services and be trained to high standards for free!

Sponsored Links
Back