Is it worthwhile having an dedicated AV circuit ?

Sponsored Links
Wouldn't it need bonding to the MET too as it is introducing an earth potential into the equipotential zone?

it is introducing an earth potential into the equipotential zone?

This where it gets complicated. At some locations the potential difference between CPC and Clean Earth was monitored and if it exceeded a safe limit then alarms were automatically raised.

Thanks all, seems this provoked quite a debate!

I don't think I'll go to the extent of having a clean earth running. But I will keep a dedicated circuit - if nothing else it's easy to trip the breaker when going on holiday instead of trying to get behind the cabinet to switch each item off.

I don't care if I miss any TV whilst I was away!

Sponsored Links
Would it be worthwhile having a dedicated radial circuit installed to service all of the AV equipment?

What's the value of the AV equipment ? If it's highend kit yes. If it's from Currys, why bother ?

DS

The only benefit i can see in having a dedicted circuit is if you supply it via an active rcbo (which requires resetting after power loss)this would protect your speakers from the "hud" on power on if the amp is not switched off, i.e. Quad 504.

Regards,

DS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back