Is my neighbour's garden room breaking regs

Sponsored Links
It looks over 15m2 based on the size, but it depends how much will be enclosed. Its possible the pergola isn't part of the structure and we can't see if its within 1m to the rear. I reckon its designed to just comply.

Are they getting some sheep or horses?

It's clearly over 2.5 metres and within inches of the inner back fence (and 2 metres of the neighbours fence beyond if that is the actual boundary), so you would be within your rights to complain to the Council. Don't worry about the photos, you were taking them for the purpose of enforcing against an illegal development.

Blup

It's clearly over 2.5 metres and within inches of the inner back fence (and 2 metres of the neighbours fence beyond if that is the actual boundary), so you would be within your rights to complain to the Council. Don't worry about the photos, you were taking them for the purpose of enforcing against an illegal development.

Blup
Finally, a sensible response!
I'm wondering if the pergola and garden room are seen as seperate structures though. If so, it might be permissable as you are allowed 4 metres with a dual-pitched roof, it seems.

Sponsored Links
I'm wondering if the pergola and garden room are seen as seperate structures though. If so, it might be permissable as you are allowed 4 metres with a dual-pitched roof, it seems.
How tall is your fence.

can you actually see it from your garden?

Surprised they haven't been into you to replace the fence. Looks old and in need of refurbishment. Unless both sets of deeds clarify the ownership convention indicates it is your responsibility; left side of your garden and face side is away from you.
Unless you like upsetting your neighbours and at war with them I'd let it be - in a couple of months time you will be used to it.

I never get why people use a chop saw/mitre saw on the ground, seems like a good way to get a bad back :confused:

I'm just glad I don't have any close neighbours as I have various outbuildings that are probably in breach of various regulations :censored:

Finally a response that suits your needs!

What your neighbors have done is not an eyesore and nor does it really, if you are honest (and I mean really honest), affect you or your property.

Surprised they haven't been into you to replace the fence. Looks old and in need of refurbishment. Unless both sets of deeds clarify the ownership convention indicates it is your responsibility; left side of your garden and face side is away from you.
Unless you like upsetting your neighbours and at war with them I'd let it be - in a couple of months time you will be used to it.

Finally a response that suits your needs!

What your neighbors have done is not an eyesore and nor does it really, if you are honest (and I mean really honest), affect you or your property.
You mean a response which is relevant to the question I asked.
Whether it is an eyesore or not is moot - I asked if it's breaking regs.

Without being on site with a tape measure no one on here can confirm if it's breaking regs. Most people on here including me seem to think your pathetic looking shed needs replacing so maybe you should concentrate on sorting your own business out before you try sorting the neighbours business?
with respect i havent followed this actual thread and know little off its actual content
but think the "Most people on here including me" comment is a bit unfair as its no more than your thoughts perhaps on the thread so far
in general most people wont comment on every thread so you can never assume mass agreement just because they dont express a contrary argument ??

Woke up to this eyesore being built close to my boundary. From checking planning regs, it seems to say that structures should not be built on a platform, whereas this is, and if within 2 metres of the boundary, should not be higher than 2.5 meters. Not measure yet but to my eye it does look taller. Bit ****ed off as neighbour did not even consult me. What do people think?
I'm in Scotland so dif regs, however does it not mean , any part of any structure within 2m should not be above 2.5 ? which would deem it OK (it would be OK in Scotland)

I don't know what your problem with it is, it looks like a proper job and probably looks OK when finished.

with respect i havent followed this actual thread and know little off its actual content
but think the "Most people on here including me" comment is a bit unfair as its no more than your thoughts perhaps on the thread so far
in general most people wont comment on every thread so you can never assume mass agreement just because they dont express a contrary argument ??
Most people commenting in thr thread appear to think his shed wants ripping down try reading the comments

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back