Is there electronic device addiction in the UK such that

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
. . .a person takes a bite and then looks at a screen and then takes a. . .?
. . .a person relieves him/her self while still on the phone?
. . .mothers ignore children who are sitting across from them?

A long time ago in Holland there was mass insanity called the Tulip Mania. I guess it is about time for a new form of Tulip Mania and not only in Holland.

Sponsored Links
He is right though I have been disgusted to see mums with their kids eating in a MaccyD and the kids being totally ignored while mum flicks continually through her iphone...

Its much much worse than that though. I am horrified by the number of times I see people glued to their iphones while driving.

One of my cousin's lad , almost lives in his bedroom. He's even been known to phone his mum (in the next room), to ask her to make his dinner and bring it intae him. By Christ if he was my lad, he'd land wi a thump on the floor.

Sponsored Links
maybe addiction is the wrong word for most
perhaps over reliance or wrong focus in whats important
we need to remember in a modern world what may be relevent to you and i is not as important as what helps the young to communicate and perform :D

There is, as I keep telling my kids, a real world out there with real people you can socially interact with without the need for electronics.

He is right though I have been disgusted to see mums with their kids eating in a MaccyD and the kids being totally ignored while mum flicks continually through her iphone...

These are the yobs who plonk their kids down in front of the television set with some junk food, and then blame the schools for 'failing' their children!

These are the yobs who plonk their kids down in front of the television set with some junk food, and then blame the schools for 'failing' their children!

Ahh, but the teachers are not entirely blameless.

Teachers took the easy way out when the abolition of discipline and corporal punishment was up for debate.

Teachers will strike at the drop of a hat when it comes to pay issues or more time off, but discipline....they couldn't be bothered.

We now have generations of scum.

. . .. . .a person relieves him/her self while still on the phone?
. ..
What`s wrong with that - I always do it with our cordless ( landline phone ) when I get a "courtesy call " I`ve even told them to be thankfull they haven`t got a smell - o - fone :mrgreen:

Will it get worse before it gets better? Even 10 years ago I thought it was pretty bad.

Ahh, but the teachers are not entirely blameless.

Teachers took the easy way out when the abolition of discipline and corporal punishment was up for debate.

Teachers will strike at the drop of a hat when it comes to pay issues or more time off, but discipline....they couldn't be bothered.

We now have generations of scum.

There are teachers and teachers. I have never taken part in a strike; I was always a strict disciplinarian (within the rules, of course); I am in favour of corporal punishment - I was caned at school and it didn't affect me unduly, nor did I resent it.

You mustn't tar us all with the same brush. ;)

A long time ago in Holland there was mass insanity called the Tulip Mania. I guess it is about time for a new form of Tulip Mania and not only in Holland.

You may have something.

There is something particularly strange, and more than a little bit sad, to see the scenes that surround the release of the latest ipad/iphone, or some such device.

Hordes of geeks, hanging on every word of the nerdy CEO of whichever company has launched the 256th edition of their electronic wonder-box. Do they drug these people, so they are literally fighting each other to get their hands on whichever product is being hyped to preposterous levels? Throw away your old one, because the latest has hundreds more pointless functions than last week's version.

How do these companies blind people to reason and common sense, and keep them coming back for more?

Get ready for the iPhone6. It does exactly the same as the iPhone 5 and iPhone4, except it's actually 2mm smaller in length, 1mm less in width and an astounding 0.3mm less in thickness, than the iPhone5. All for an amazing price of £400, and a battery life of about 30 seconds more. Let the queues begin. :LOL:

PS, it still comes in the same boring colours. ;)

Get ready for the iPhone6. It does exactly the same as the iPhone 5 and iPhone4, except it's actually 2mm smaller in length, 1mm less in width and an astounding 0.3mm less in thickness, than the iPhone5. All for an amazing price of £400, and a battery life of about 30 seconds more. Let the queues begin. :LOL:

PS, it still comes in the same boring colours. ;)

Will it still function after slipping out of your pocket while you're laid on the scaffold five meters off the deck and bounces on the concrete step below? :cry:

I think that in the not too distant future certain technophiles will have communication devices implanted in their heads with connections to their auditory and optic nerves.

Even then, I'm sure many of them will be going for an operation every year or so in order to 'upgrade'. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back