Is this a C1?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_6764.jpeg
Looks like a C1 to me, could possibly be a C2 with the CU cover on, but the CU has got a missing blank I think making it a C1 as well.
As those are the incoming tails with no isolator does the responsibility of that C1 rest with the supplier or me?
Tails are in good condition just poorly connected, I want an isolator fitting so the CU C1 can be addressed.
Supplier saying it’s an appropriate emergency call out, suppliers contractor saying ‘nah mate, we will get round to you eventually’

Thoughts?

Cheers
Lee

Sponsored Links
Where is the missing blank positioned with regards to the live terminals? When the cover is on there's surely no immediate danger.

Sponsored Links
That depends on your definition of exposed.
Could I put my finger in and touch the bus bar, yes. So does it meet IP requirements, No.

From the guidance I've seen.

If the missing blank allows someone to touch a live part inside the CU that's a C1.

The tails are sloppy, but assuming they are securely terminated not worthy of a code.

It's C1 with the blank missing.

The solution it to fit a blank in there. Not to wrangle over what code it may or may not be.

I don’t have a blank and the only person I can think of that might have a blank of that vintage is you.
I want the consumer unit replaced but the 3 electricians I’ve asked to quote have said no problem once you’ve had an isolator fitted.
Energy supplier happy to charge £140 to fit an isolator over a month ago, energy suppliers contractor not so keen to actually do the work.

Try eBay?
Not sure if it's the right one, but ...

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
The tails into the main switch will be ok, after all there is a sticker there! :)

It's C1 with the blank missing.

The solution it to fit a blank in there. Not to wrangle over what code it may or may not be.
Spot on, either the supply needs locking off, or a blank fitting, and one can't really lock it off without finding alternative accommodation. So needs fixing before one turns power back on. The blanks do seem to be a standard width, so no real problem.
I don’t have a blank and the only person I can think of that might have a blank of that vintage is you.
I want the consumer unit replaced but the 3 electricians I’ve asked to quote have said no problem once you’ve had an isolator fitted.
Energy supplier happy to charge £140 to fit an isolator over a month ago, energy suppliers contractor not so keen to actually do the work.
Lame excuse, seem to remember all at same width, OK fitting a blank from another make may not comply with type testing, and some clip in stuff 1686861165949.pngcan be removed without a tool, so does not comply, but it will do until you can get some proper stuff. As to swapping the consumer unit that's another job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back