Is This Sign Confusing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_20180527_153852.jpg

Sponsored Links
I'm confused by the six uses of the "plus or minus" symbol, so yes!

There are loads more peculiarities though!

In the red bit on the right, why isn't "Delivery Vehicles" a separate bullet point? And does it need a capital V?!
In "REGULATIONS" on the right, the first two have no full stop, the second two do have a full stop!

There are more, don't want to be too pedantic though! :whistle::oops:

Sponsored Links
Yes.
And the text in the bottom left allows them to change their convenience charge whenever they like.

I don't pay council or private parking charges so not the best person to advise.

Monday and Sunday apparently.
I would disagree, because 8AM ± 6PM obviously refers to: from 8AM to 6PM.
Therefore it could be assumed that Monday ±Sunday means from Monday to Sunday, i.e. every day.

Except there is in small print on the left hand sign about Motorhomes : "...is prohibited ± includes putting out chairs..."
So on that occasion the ± sign must mean "and".

So, yes absolutely the sign is confusing and anyone who falls foul of it (assuming noseall is correct and it is Monday and Sunday) would win their appeal by a mile, simply because 8AM ± 6PM cannot possibly mean only at 8AM and at 6PM.

Do you pay car insurance? Do you even have a vehicle?

Do you think people don't have enough misery in their lives without having to deal with this shyte added on ?

Are you in favour of hospitals charging patients to park at the hospital? If you were visiting a terminally ill person, i.e your child, would you have the mentality at that time to deal with a load of spare change and confusing scribbles ?

If you were visiting a terminally ill person, i.e your child, would you have the mentality at that time to deal with a load of spare change and confusing scribbles ?
Yes (I did), in the same way you need to watch your speed through the cameras and make sure there is petrol in the tank. No point in getting banned from driving during your first few visits.

Do you think people don't have enough misery in their lives without having to deal with this shyte added on?
What would you suggest as an alternative?

Yes (I did), in the same way you need to watch your speed through the cameras and make sure there is petrol in the tank. No point in getting banned from driving during your first few visits.

What would you suggest as an alternative?

In the same way... What ? In your opinion speeding tickets and parking charges are the same thing ?

What alternative ? Alternative to what ?

Do you think people don't have enough misery in their lives without having to deal with this shyte added on ?
If you insist on having shyte thoughts and vocalising those shyte thoughts, you will end up with misery in your life.
It is not misery added on, it comes with the territory of having shyte thoughts.

Sponsored Links
Back