Isn't this sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
oh wow, a thread about saving a rat I thought.
21 pages later it seems to be about race?
Can someone surmise it all or do I have to go back over all 21 pages? lol

Have we established three is more than 1 human race?
There is only one human race.
From the article provided by notch
The Human Genome Project showed us that 99.9 percent of our genome was identical to that of every other human, suggesting that the genetic basis for our individual differences were minimal.
https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2015/12/16/taboo-modern-genomics-key-understanding-basis-race/
Thank for highlighting an important point: there are biological difference between different races

Sponsored Links
Haven't you misunderstood that?

Surely it does not mean ethnic or racial as synonyms (if it did, and there is no such thing as race, then they need not have mentioned it) but more it means

"specific to individuals from different ethnic groups or racial groups".
As you insist there is a difference, a simple question: what is the difference, in your view, between ethnic groups and racial groups?

And yet you have no proof that either EFL or I had any sinister connotations.
You presumed incorrectly and without any other information (by ways of any other proof to say we were racist) to support your disgusting claims. It's what you are, it's what you do.

(y) GSFP.
There was proof, irrefutable proof, that both you and EFLImpudence ascribed to the ideology that there were different races within the human race.
EFLImpudence still does ascribe to that ideology, that proof is in this thread, multiple times
The proof of your ascribing to and promoting that ideology was in the other two threads now deleted, as I have said multiple times. I can't reproduce them because they have been deleted, and as I said at the time, and still maintain, that they were probably deleted to save your embarrassment of ascribing to an essentially racist ideology.
There may be proof in this thread, as I have also said, I don't know, I haven't looked, and at the moment, I have no intention of looking.
So instead of persistently asking the same question in multiple different ways, how about stating categorically now just what is your stance.

Simple question, simple choice to you: do you still ascribe to the ideology that there are different races within the human race, using the term race to mean a separate definition to the concept of ethnicity, that these different races have intrinsically different characteristics deeper than merely outward visible characteristics, which determine their more profound characteristics such as personality, cognitive abilities, inclinations or natural talents?

Or do you now believe that there are no fundamental biological differences, and any minute differences in inherited genes do not determine any deeper characteristics between ethnicities, and that the term 'race' is a socially constructed concept which is indistinguishable from ethnicity?

If you do ascribe to the first concept, then you are fundamentally racist, because that is the essentialist ideology, which is an inherently racist philosophy.

Or do you now ascribe to the second concept: you cannot distinguish between the terms of race and ethnicity, and the terms are interchangeable, you are accepting the term race in its socially constructed sense, which means that you do not ascribe to the essentialist ideology?

Thank for highlighting an important point: there are biological difference between different races
There is less than 0.1% difference in the genetic difference between ethnicities*, or if you prefer to use the term, race**.
Therefore there are no fundamental biological differences between ethnicities or races. The term race is synonymous with the term ethnicity, and is interchangeable. There are no differences in the definition of race and ethnicity.

*less than 0.1% because some of the 0.1% is accounted for by the difference between the sexes.
Since part of the 0.1 percent difference includes male-female differences, and differences in the frequency of certain genes, that 0.1 becomes both smaller and arguably more insignificant.
https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2015/12/16/taboo-modern-genomics-key-understanding-basis-race/

**The term race is a leftover terminology from the Victorian era.

There is less than 0.1% difference in the genetic difference between ethnicities
Of course there wont be much difference, what would you expect.

there is however difference in genetic code and that explains the reason why different human races, you can call them groups if you like, suffer with illnesses to different degrees.

Therefore it is not possible for you to argue race is a social construct as science shows there are biological differences.

There was proof, irrefutable proof, that both you and EFLImpudence ascribed to the ideology that there were different races within the human race.
EFLImpudence still does ascribe to that ideology, that proof is in this thread, multiple times
The proof of your ascribing to and promoting that ideology was in the other two threads now deleted, as I have said multiple times. I can't reproduce them because they have been deleted, and as I said at the time, and still maintain, that they were probably deleted to save your embarrassment of ascribing to an essentially racist ideology.
There may be proof in this thread, as I have also said, I don't know, I haven't looked, and at the moment, I have no intention of looking.
So instead of persistently asking the same question in multiple different ways, how about stating categorically now just what is your stance.

Simple question, simple choice to you: do you still ascribe to the ideology that there are different races within the human race, using the term race to mean a separate definition to the concept of ethnicity, that these different races have intrinsically different characteristics deeper than merely outward visible characteristics, which determine their more profound characteristics such as personality, cognitive abilities, inclinations or natural talents?

Or do you now believe that there are no fundamental biological differences, and any minute differences in inherited genes do not determine any deeper characteristics between ethnicities, and that the term 'race' is a socially constructed concept which is indistinguishable from ethnicity?

If you do ascribe to the first concept, then you are fundamentally racist, because that is the essentialist ideology, which is an inherently racist philosophy.

Or do you now ascribe to the second concept: you cannot distinguish between the terms of race and ethnicity, and the terms are interchangeable, you are accepting the term race in its socially constructed sense, which means that you do not ascribe to the essentialist ideology?

Incorrect.
there are enough scientists that disagree with this as absolute, so you cant state it as fact. Nor can you say other people are wrong

You are welcome to own it as your opinion....that is your right.

If you do ascribe to the first concept, then you are fundamentally racist
That is incorrect.

You have provided no proof that is the case. It is perfectly possible to believe there are different races and be non racist. It makes do difference whether one believes there are different races or not, that does not determine whether a person is racist.

And science has not proven with absolute certainty there is, or is not sufficient difference in genes between populations, groups, races whatever you like to call them to decalre there is only 1 race, or a number of races.

Lots of lies in that post of yours. Well done.(y) Himmy is a racist.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is less than 0.1% difference in the genetic difference between ethnicities*, or if you prefer to use the term, race**.
Therefore there are no fundamental biological differences between ethnicities or races. The term race is synonymous with the term ethnicity, and is interchangeable. There are no differences in the definition of race and ethnicity.

*less than 0.1% because some of the 0.1% is accounted for by the difference between the sexes.
Since part of the 0.1 percent difference includes male-female differences, and differences in the frequency of certain genes, that 0.1 becomes both smaller and arguably more insignificant.

**The term race is a leftover terminology from the Victorian era.
Why do you think waffing on forever makes you think you are intelligent,,when you talk piffle

And science has not proven with absolute certainty there is, or is not sufficient difference in genes between populations, groups, races whatever you like to call them to decalre there is only 1 race, or a number of races.
What is the scientific definition of "race"?

Where does it appear in taxonomical hierarchy?

Can you give any examples of different races in a species other than Homo sapiens?

What is the scientific definition of "race"?

Where does it appear in taxonomical hierarchy?

Can you give any examples of different races in a species other than Homo sapiens?
As BAS asked, please present you scientific definition of race?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back