Isn't this sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is your personal opinion. It is not fact

False premise.

It is actually pretty low to state somebody is 'fundamentally and inherently racist', simply based on opinion with no proof.
I think you need to apologise.
It is not just my opinion that the essentialist view of 'race' is fundamentally racist.
If someone chooses to promote that view, then they are also fundamentally racist.

If someone ends up promoting that essentialist view of race out of tribal loyalty, rather than understanding what they are ascribing to, then that person has followed someone up the proverbial path out of blind faith.

Sponsored Links
That is your personal opinion. It is not fact

False premise.

It is actually pretty low to state somebody is 'fundamentally and inherently racist', simply based on opinion with no proof.
I think you need to apologise.
That will never happen, he's not man enough.

It is not just my opinion that the essentialist view of 'race' is fundamentally racist.
If someone chooses to promote that view, then they are also fundamentally racist.

If someone ends up promoting that essentialist view of race out of tribal loyalty, rather than understanding what they are ascribing to, then that person has followed someone up the proverbial path out of blind faith.
Utter tosh. Complete fabrication on your behalf.
Grow up.

Sponsored Links
Blimey just been reflecting :eek:

I don't know any Chinese so I must be chinesesphobic :eek:

Come to think of it. I don't know any French either :eek: must be frenchaphobic :eek:

Mongolians ? Nope :eek: mongelaphobic

Jeez us the list gos on

Mind u I know an Icelander :cool:
Maybe you need to get out more...? Pub?! :)

Please provide your definition of "race" and show that it is supported by contemporary science

Contemporary science has changed the concept of different races, but has not ruled it out.

modern genetic analyses using single nucleotide polymorphisms, microsatellites, and restriction fragment length polymorphisms, all point toward genetic clusters for five ancestral centers (Pacific Islanders were later added) for human beings. They are akin to “races” but meant to be stripped of many of the outdated social assumptions about race — the baggage of racist history.These clusters have loose borders and naturally overlap due to migration and breeding preferences. But they underscore a definition of race, according to Stanford University geneticist Neil Risch, that’s based on continent of origin and not any “lay conception of race” based on skin color
https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2015/12/16/taboo-modern-genomics-key-understanding-basis-race/

Analysis of genomes from around the world establishes that there is a biological basis for race, despite the official statements to the contrary of leading social science organizations. An illustration of the point is the fact that with mixed race populations, such as African Americans, geneticists can now track along an individual’s genome, and assign each segment to an African or European ancestor, an exercise that would be impossible if race did not have some basis in biological reality
http://time.com/91081/what-science-says-about-race-and-genetics/

If there is 1 human race why are some more likely to suffer with certain illnesses than others?

Contemporary science has changed the concept of different races, but has not ruled it out.

modern genetic analyses using single nucleotide polymorphisms, microsatellites, and restriction fragment length polymorphisms, all point toward genetic clusters for five ancestral centers (Pacific Islanders were later added) for human beings. They are akin to “races” but meant to be stripped of many of the outdated social assumptions about race — the baggage of racist history.These clusters have loose borders and naturally overlap due to migration and breeding preferences. But they underscore a definition of race, according to Stanford University geneticist Neil Risch, that’s based on continent of origin and not any “lay conception of race” based on skin color
https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2015/12/16/taboo-modern-genomics-key-understanding-basis-race/
A pity you didn't read the article until the end. From the same article:
While the idea of race by skin color, type of hair, or personality is a controversial concept, race as the reality of a population is not. Genetic characteristics and differences (both genotype and phenotype) develop with us as we pass through generations, shaped by how we adapt to various regions of the world.​
Which is precisely what I was saying.
Pharmacogenetics is being used to develop personalized therapies specific to individuals from different ethnic or racial groups.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3933289/pdf/nihms545268.pdf
Race is synonymous with ethnicity. Once you accept that, it matters little which word you prefer to use.
However essentialists will insist on the word 'race' because it has connotations which they wish to retain.

Analysis of genomes from around the world establishes that there is a biological basis for race, despite the official statements to the contrary of leading social science organizations. An illustration of the point is the fact that with mixed race populations, such as African Americans, geneticists can now track along an individual’s genome, and assign each segment to an African or European ancestor, an exercise that would be impossible if race did not have some basis in biological reality
http://time.com/91081/what-science-says-about-race-and-genetics/
You recently accused me of doing insufficient research. Guess what the scientific community think of your other source:
A Troublesome Inheritance: Genes, Race and Human History is a 2014 book by British writer and journalist Nicholas Wade, a retired science reporter for The New York Times.[1][2][3][4][5][6] Wade argues that "human evolution has been recent, copious and regional"[7] and that this has important implications for the social sciences.[8] The book has been widely denounced by scientists.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Troublesome_Inheritance

Last edited:
Come on you lot bed now..

We can carry this on in the morning...

Sleep tight

However essentialists will insist on the word 'race' because it has connotations which they wish to retain.
And yet you have no proof that either EFL or I had any sinister connotations.
You presumed incorrectly and without any other information (by ways of any other proof to say we were racist) to support your disgusting claims. It's what you are, it's what you do.

(y) GSFP.

Pharmacogenetics is being used to develop personalized therapies specific to individuals from different ethnic or racial groups.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3933289/pdf/nihms545268.pdf
Race is synonymous with ethnicity.
Haven't you misunderstood that?

Surely it does not mean ethnic or racial as synonyms (if it did, and there is no such thing as race, then they need not have mentioned it) but more it means

"specific to individuals from different ethnic groups or racial groups".

If people use race in the socially constructed concept, then there is no reason not to use it. It is synonymous with ethnicity.
If people want to use race in its narrow, strict concept, as in 'there are several races within the human race', as you and EFLImpudence do, then it is a fundamental and inherently racist ideology.
Is race really a social construction or is it a biological fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back