Ive given up drinking

Sponsored Links
I've been based on the mainland for sometime, but get over the water when the time is right.
Had a little trip to Carlisle not so long ago and a few ventures to Liverpool and Leeds wasn't to bad either, unfortunately clashed with more popular one but a good day, plus a few others along the way.
Missed the London Gig last month due to family illness.
But I most admit I do like the day out in Southport

I've been based on the mainland for sometime, but get over the water when the time is right.
Had a little trip to Carlisle not so long ago and a few ventures to Liverpool and Leeds wasn't to bad either, unfortunately clashed with more popular one but a good day, plus a few others along the way.
Missed the London Gig last month due to family illness.
But I most admit I do like the day out in Southport

Got big APOD one tomorrow in London always a good day out

Sponsored Links
GSM,
just catching up.
Well done on the fags and booze. Its probably a bit better fag wise if you are not drinking. I find if I am drinking I smoke like a chimney whereas if I'm just relaxing I don't smoke as much.

Keep it up, you know most of us support you.

Well, a month off the fags and a week off the drink, I challenged the boy to a race around his track at his school today. Had to jump a fence to get in but I was up for it. He wasnt in the mood, but seeing as he has decided to smoke I thought it would be fun(ish).

Are kids that unfit nowadays! I nearly lapped him!

2 Laps (800m) and I did it in 2.47. Not too bad as me best was 2.24 about 10 years ago.

Paul

Are kids that unfit nowadays! I nearly lapped him!
Sadly yes, also over 70% of adults in the UK do not exercise at all and because of this, the NHS is wasting millions on these people :eek:
We wouldn't have a waiting lists if people look after their health. I think the problem with today children's is the TV and computer, in my days never watch much TV, no pc then, mostly playing football , go-karting, climbing trees etc!

£6,000,000 is costing 1 hospital alone :eek:

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.u...llion-year/article-700527-detail/article.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2275855.stm

Well, a month off the fags and a week off the drink, Paul

Well done Paul. I've barely had any alchohol since the start of 2008. It was mainly the health/financial reasons and im in my 30's. Most of my friends are what I would call moderate/heavy drinkers.

Some young friends think its cool to constantly binge drink. I know someone who was a heavy alchoholic (bottle of vodka a day) and was taking pills to try and cure his addiction. He was found dead last week. He was 30. I also know someone who's wife killed herself. He was also a heavy alchoholic (had successful plumbing business with a few employees). He was found hanged at home by his children.

Everyone jokes about booze, but if you can give it up then you should have a healthier and happier lifestyle.

Sponsored Links
Back