Jason's thread

A concept that our ignorant/xenophobic/little englander mentality quitter chums have erroneously decided is the cause of all their problems :rolleyes:

You hide your bitterness well young star. Keep it up.

Sponsored Links
For the hard of thinking, the difference in English between being a liar and being wrong, is huge.
So a question to all those who consider themselves not to be hard of thinking:

Do we, or do we not, currently have a tariff-free trade deal with the EU? Yes or no.

I may be simplifing things.. But if the EU don't want Tarrifs and we don't want Tarrifs ! Then what's the problem?
We've decided that we no longer want to comply with any of the rules which allow us to have tariff-free trade.

We cannot have tariff-free trade if we refuse to abide by the rules which currently give it to us, something which is a candidate for the most bleedin' obvious of all time.

And since it wasn't the EU who suddenly decided that we can't have it any more, and since we didn't have to decide to stop playing by the rules, it follows that we must want to have tariffs. Don't forget that on 23rd June 2016 the country democratically voted to no longer have tariff-free trade with our largest trading partner.

Sponsored Links
I'm tempted to say no
Really?

You really think that we currently do not have tariff-free trade with the EU?

Do you actually understand, or know anything about, the things you choose to talk about here?

But

One way or another we are paying a tarrif. In the form of our yearly bill we have to pay
That is not a trade tariff.

Really?

You really think that we currently do not have tariff-free trade with the EU?

Do you actually understand, or know anything about, the things you choose to talk about here?

That is not a trade tariff.

Have you ever used the term stealth tax????

Well it works a bit like a stealth tax:

EU " you pay us X amount each year and we will give you access to free tariffs.
We call it a membership"

UK " Wow that sounds good. Do all the other EU States pay the same X amount for their membership each year? "

EU "Most of them pay no where near as much as the UK, and what's more they support the EU economy far less by buying far less from the EU"

UK " Wow, can I ask the country what they think"

EU " You either like it or you lump it "

Do you get it ??

I may be simplifing things.. But if the EU don't want Tarrifs and we don't want Tarrifs ! Then what's the problem?
Have you ever used the term stealth tax????

Well it works a bit like a stealth tax:

EU " you pay us X amount each year and we will give you access to free tariffs.
We call it a membership"

UK " Wow that sounds good. Do all the other EU States pay the same X amount for their membership each year? "

EU "Most of them pay no where near as much as the UK, and what's more they support the EU economy far less by buying far less from the EU"

UK " Wow, can I ask the country what they think"

EU " You either like it or you lump it "

Do you get it ??
What do you think happens to that stealth tax?
It is reinvested into the EU member states. Rather like the membership fees of the Lions, the Freemasons, etc is invested back into the benefits of the members, their infrastructure, etc, or into charitable causes.
Of course anti-EU proponents will disagree.

In addition, the lack of tariffs, and the homologation of goods etc vastly reduces administration etc.

You hide your bitterness well young star. Keep it up.
You of course unerringly fail to hide your ignorance and your inability to add anything significant to a topic...

Keep it up (y)

It is reinvested into the EU member states. Rather like the membership fees of the Lions, the Freemasons, etc is invested back into the benefits of the members, their infrastructure, etc, or into charitable causes.
Of course anti-EU proponents will disagree.

In addition, the lack of tariffs, and the homologation of goods etc vastly reduces administration etc.

Hello Jason

Can you explain why other EU states pay less per head of this Stealth tax into this club.

I'm not as clued up as most on here on this subject so please excuse the questions

Just to be clear, it's not a stealth tax - it's our contribution towards the pot that we have in the past been a beneficiary of...

It is reinvested into the EU member states.
Indeed, and do you know what...

An awful lot of that money has been invested in UK areas that UK governments (mainly tory) decided to leave to rot!

How much of that so called 'brexit bonus' will be invested in the UK, and how much on tax cuts for the rich/corporates?

Of course our quitter friends don't like to hear the truth!

Hello Bodd

Can you explain why you've never complained that other EU states pay more per head of this members' contribution into this mutual union?

Hello John

Is it your telling me all other EU states actually pay more than we were paying for the duration of our membership?

Regards Bod

why other EU states pay less per head

Is it your telling me all other EU states actually pay less than we were paying for the duration of our membership?

Because they don't.

Is it your telling me all other EU states actually pay less than we were paying for the duration of our membership?

Because they don't.

My mistake.... I wish I voted the other way now

Sponsored Links
Back