Jason's thread

deceitful notch hopes to confuse by his trickery.
What you mean is, I am exposing the dishonesty of others (y)

Perhaps you can answer: will the EU agree to the UK having a free trade deal without paying a sub?

Sponsored Links
Please can somebody explain it to BAS -he is blindsided by the idea that free trade is not free if you pay a membership fee.

Norway: They get the free movement of goods, but to do so they pay a fee. So there is no such thing as free trade for Norway.

poor old BAS cant grasp the concept :cry:

BAS cant grasp the concept , no surprise there then

If the UK wants some of the benefits of membership after resigning as a member, it will have to pay a fee. Same as you do when you visit a golf course.

Did you seriously not know that?

I know I pointed out the available options to you numerous times.

Sponsored Links
Free trade works on the basis that there are benefits for both, as a result of the trade, not that one gets free trade as part of a membership fee.

If anyone is interested, I'm offering free pizza, one a week per member of my club. Membership is £25 a week. Who thinks they got free pizza?

Free trade works on the basis that there are benefits for both, as a result of the trade, not that one gets free trade as part of a membership fee.

If anyone is interested, I'm offering free pizza, one a week per member of my club. Membership is £25 a week. Who thinks they got free pizza?
I'd say you were robbed. £25 for a pizza?!

I have a lot of overheads. besides, its only £25 for you, others can have free pizza for £10 a week and a couple of members get it for -£3 a week.

deceitful notch hopes to confuse by his trickery.
No - he is just one of those f***wits who thinks that if he denies the reality of something often enough then reality will change to fall in with his fiction of how it is.

In this case he thinks that if he pretends often enough that the "free" in "free trade" means the same as the "free" as in "free samples" and not as in international buying and selling of goods, without limits on the amount of goods that one country can sell to another, and without special taxes on the goods bought from a foreign country then it will magically become so.

Well guess what. It won't.

He thinks that if he pretends often enough that those who say that free trade is trade between nations without regulatory barriers such as tariffs or quotas are wrong then they will magically become so.

Well guess what. They won't.

No - he is just one of those f***wits who thinks that if he denies the reality of something often enough then reality will change to fall in with his fiction of how it is.

In this case he thinks that if he pretends often enough that the "free" in "free trade" means the same as the "free" as in "free samples" and not as in international buying and selling of goods, without limits on the amount of goods that one country can sell to another, and without special taxes on the goods bought from a foreign country then it will magically become so.

Well guess what. It won't.

He thinks that if he pretends often enough that those who say that free trade is trade between nations without regulatory barriers such as tariffs or quotas are wrong then they will magically become so.

Well guess what. They won't.

you sure :confused:

Access to the EU means access to the largest, most prosperous single market in the world.

Access to the UK doesn't.

One is worth more than the other.
I don't think it's the largest market any longer ,it's share of world GDP has been declining for a long while.
As a percentage of world trade the EUs share isn't really that large is it.
500 million people inside the EU sounds impressive but when you consider that there are around 6.5 billion people who are outside the EU it sort of puts it all in perspective.

The commonwealth has over 2billion potential customers for British goods, a young population who want a lot of stuff from the west.
Also these countries are still developing and need a lot of Western expertise to help them grow.
Time to leave wino Junker and co in the pub.

Maybe we should encourage him to talk to some Commonwealth leaders and find out directly from them what significance they attach to a trade deal with the UK.

Sponsored Links
Back