Joist hangers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I'm after a couple of 150×150 masonry joist hangers to buy online if anyone can point me in right direction. Much appreciated
Mark

Sponsored Links
I think 150 wide is way beyond the capacity of most joist hangers, but 150x150 isa pretty odd size, so what's it for.

I think 150 wide is way beyond the capacity of most joist hangers, but 150x150 isa pretty odd size, so what's it for.

Nah they are out there, try ebay if nowhere else, any particular reason why they have to be exactly 150mm deep though

Using 150×50 Joist and have to triple up the beams in 2 places.. could I just buy bigger and reposition so it's level.

Sponsored Links
Getting info out you is a blood out of a stone job. Magico. Why are the only 150 high, which is very low, what's the span, and why do you have to triple it, rather than double a 150x75

Sorry for delay...the plans for my 1st floor extension stated floor joist to be 150×50 minimum and they are what's in the rest of the house. They are set 40mm centres with galvanised herringbone right down the middle. Span is 2.5m. Chose the 150×50 so I have matching ceiling heights downstairs.
Buildings approval have told me to triple up the beams under both 1st floor partition walls. So you say double up a 150×75 instead? What's the different....would still need a 150×150 masonry wall hanger wouldn't I?

I'm not sure how old the house is, but a lot of joists used to be 150mm, but the wood used to be slower growing, so was stronger. Modern joist need the extra depth because they're not so strong, so I'd do a seriosu rethink here. Sorry, you're right that you'd still need 150, but if this was a desperate situation, you could get a couple of 75s cut and welded if desperate.

Hi. The house was built in the 60s. The joist are treated timber if that makes a difference. Building control seem happy with them.
So do I need to use a hanger for those 2 lots of triple joist or can they be built into block work.
Thanks again

I suppose on a 2.5m span, 150's are okay, but having to go to three, I'd still use 200's, but they can be built into the blockwork if that's the way you're going. Joist hangers are eaisier to pack out if the heights aren't right.

Now prove your calculations.

foto_no_exif (4).jpg

Any reason why you cannot make the partition wall studwork to lower the weight or does it support something?

just buy some 150mm wide joist hangers the depth of them doesn't matter whether you are using 100mm or 200mm deep timber

And along comes another one who doesn't read from the start. Magicos after 150 wide joist hangers, but can't find them, so in the absence of a known supplier, we're trying to find workarounds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back