Jury service

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has any one managed to
Weasel out of this caper ?? What excuse did you use

Asking for a friend

Sponsored Links
I weaseled out. I phoned them up and told them I had a conviction. They didn't ask anything after that, the guy just said ok and I heard no more about it.

Has any one managed to
Weasel out of this caper ?? What excuse did you use

Asking for a friend
Not unless you have a valid reason or are exempt. I've been asked 4 times (groan). The other two times I was exempt due to the short time period after doing it previously. Even heavily pregnant moms, disabled etc have to do it.

Sponsored Links
I’d go in a shot, I have the time. I’d find them guilty though, stands to reason, they wouldn’t be there otherwise, would they? Case closed. Send him down. Next!

I’d go in a shot, I have the time.
Unfortunately, they can't fill the jury box, full of retired pensioners.

I’d find them guilty though, stands to reason, they wouldn’t be there otherwise, would they? Case closed. Send him down.
You need to convince eleven others that the evidence given in court (and subsequently reviewed afterwards, for hours in the jury room), is enough to convict. Any shred of doubt - not guilty.

My wife has ben called up several times. Its probably because she is on top of the household list showing on the electoral register (its in alphabetical order) I've offered to go in her place but they were not interested. :(

I’d go in a shot, I have the time. I’d find them guilty though, stands to reason, they wouldn’t be there otherwise, would they? Case closed. Send him down. Next!
Why even the need for a jury then ?

Maybe there's a bit more to it.

Sponsored Links
Back