Keyless entry and what will happen?

Sponsored Links
As an owner of a (warmish) performance car with keyless entry & start, this infuriates me. It's all about convenience for the consumer & security can take a back seat. Yes it is easier to leave the keys in your pocket, but is it really worth the inconvenience of having your car stolen? I think not.

If I leave my vehicle without fitting my Disklock, it feels like I may as way have left the keys in the ignition.

gman

Is there no option to disable the sensor entry in the internal menus, or are there no visible locks to use if you did that ?

I'm not sure to be honest - it's a Nissan. There is an emergancy key inside the fob, so there must be somewhere to put it!

As for disabling the keyless - prob not.

Sponsored Links
those emergency access locks are liable to seize after being unused for years on end. It may be worth trying the key once a year or so, and perhaps squirting a little WD40 or similar in, and exercising the key enough to rub the dirt away.

Finding out where the keyhole is will be your first test.

Do it before the need arises.

I know with my sisters Nissan once the rubber bung was removed it never went back properly so maybe not a good idea to test?

I went to look at a Volvo V70 and noted you can select auto stopping and only should be used in slow moving traffic.

Back