Kia - Thoughts Second Hand?

Sponsored Links
They'll have to be careful with red/yellow mix colours. They could be too orangey for crows....

On my second Kia now. C'eed to Optima Sportswagon diesel. Both bought secondhand at a year old from Kia dealership with full warranty
updated to 7 years as an approved car so it was an 8 year warranty. Have had to use warranty for a handbrake switch failure and a dual
mass flywheel failure. Both covered. Car after two years running was more valuable than when I bought it so holding value.
Really good to drive, economical and looks great. Lots of comments when I turn up as they ask what is it. Bit of a Skoda syndrome
when they updated and peeps didn't believe it was a Skoda. With Leccy so expensive now too cheaper to run diesel too I believe.

Sponsored Links
I have been running Kias for around 5 1/2 years now. I bought a Cee'd in 2017 with 12000 on the clock, and traded it in in 2020 for a Niro self-charging hybrid with 200 (yes, two hundred) miles on the clock. After three years Niro is now up to 17,500. In the time I have owned Kias, the 7-year warranty has been honoured without question. The Cee'd required two new headlamp units as the DRLs failed. Covered. Replaced at no cost to me. There was a grinding noise in reverse. Turned out to be a sticking valve in the DCT transmission. Covered! The Niro has been faultless and has (so far) not required any work apart from routine servicing. My next car will be another Kia, probably another Niro. One caveat. Make sure the service book is stamped and services have been carried out according to Kia's schedules, preferably by a Kia agency, otherwise the 7-year warranty could be unavailable!

Personally I measure the reliability of a modern car from the 10 year/100k miles mark. Makes me laugh when people claim their car is ultra reliable after two years and 17,000 miles without breaking down - I should bloody hope so!.

Back