Kill the Bill demo riot.

Sponsored Links
Best you dust off your jackboots and get out there then and counter protest whilst supporting baton wielding police...

Unless of course you're too cowardly ;)

No-one should defend violent disorder, including myself.
(So don't shoot yourself in your jackbooted foot and try and claim otherwise)

But it was inevitable that something like this was going to happen when the state is enacting a law that effectively tries to prevent protest/dissent over any issue...

Do you support all the clauses in the police and crime bill 2021?
I do support the bill, and there is no excuse for violent disorder during a protest. I think the police were remarkably restrained in the face of serious criminality and i would like to have seen them respond more firmly than just stand by and take the punishment, particularly as 20 police officers were hurt and there were very few arrests. As soon as the protest turned violent, the police should have broken up the protest and started arresting people to set an example for the future.

My understanding is that the clauses relating to the length of the protest and noise levels. Police will be able to prosecute protestors for 'serious annoyance'.

I'm sure that the objectors will say that the above gives the police too much power and will come up with examples of how it could be abused, but judges will pretty quickly reject cases if the police abuse their powers and this bill enables the police to protect us from the deliberately disruptive demonstrations that are designed to cause maximum disruption to people's daily lives.

You obviously misunderstand the clauses...

Care to tell us the decibel level that a single person on a protest emits before an 'annoyance' occurs is?

Care to tell us what the correct 'length of the protest' is defined as, or where it may be allowed to take place?

As a certain tennis player said, 'You cannot be serious'....

Name a single law that the police haven't at various times abused...

The ball is your court :)
Our legal system is different to others. French law and i believe EU law for example is based on the principle that something is only legal if it is specified to be legal. If its not specified its automatically illegal. Our common law system is based on the principle of things being legal unless specified as illegal. Case law then provides further clarification, but ultimately means that the law can be more flexible to deal with different situations and doesn't automatically make something new illegal because its never been thought of before.

I am entirely comfortable that the police will set their own guidelines which will then be challenged in court and the judiciary will ultimately decide what decibel level is acceptable in what circumstances. I don't think that that the law needs to specify what decibel levels count as an annoyance.

You know as well as i do, the courts reject prosecutions where the CPS or the police have gone beyond the scope of a law.

I used to support the police, but have little faith in them now. They seem to have gone out of their way to alienate themselves in their heavy and often mob handed treatment of law abiding citizens during the pandemic. They seem to revel in their new power, while at the same time ignoring the rules themselves and pleading lack of manpower to investigate 'real' crimes. These real crimes range from car crime, burglary all the way up to the grooming gangs mainly in northern mill towns. Yet they have large numbers to hassle people at Speakers' Corner as well as innocent dog walkers or two women walking with a coffee.

Just the appearence of the police tells you how far they've fallen in standards, arms full of tattoos, hands in pockets and uniforms that often give the the appearence of being dischevelled. They also seem to have recruited numbers of 15 year old police girls, who would be a liability when things get out of control.

Maybe the police are just pawns of a draconian and dictatorial government that rules by decree, but in the last year they have lost a lot of support. More worrying for them should be the fact that the ex coppers, proper coppers, I know of feel the same and think the force (or is that now service?) that they were once proud to be a part of is now a joke. The police bring most of the problems on themselves.

Sponsored Links
Bristol seems to be a hot spot for left wing loons, think that is where they tore down all the statues ? (I wonder if the beeb will set up their northern headquarters there)

Lived in Bristol for many years. There's a large number of soap-dodging, dog on a rope type crusties living/squatting in some of the more cosmopolitan areas.

Thing is, if that crowd had demonstrated quietly and peacefully, they would have got a lot of support from the public and MP's who will be voting on the bill. By causing damage, destruction and injury, they have none and have gone a long way to show everyone why the bill should be passed.

Are you suggesting they were hired by people who want the bill passed?

Be careful what you wish for.

I’m suggesting nothing of the sort but wishing that they had demonstrated quietly and peacefully.

I’m suggesting nothing of the sort but wishing that they had demonstrated quietly and peacefully.
...but that would not have led you to say that the bill should be passed.

I think there are already laws to deal with rioting.

I used to support the police, but have little faith in them now. They seem to have gone out of their way to alienate themselves in their heavy and often mob handed treatment of law abiding citizens during the pandemic. They seem to revel in their new power, while at the same time ignoring the rules themselves and pleading lack of manpower to investigate 'real' crimes. These real crimes range from car crime, burglary all the way up to the grooming gangs mainly in northern mill towns. Yet they have large numbers to hassle people at Speakers' Corner as well as innocent dog walkers or two women walking with a coffee.

Just the appearence of the police tells you how far they've fallen in standards, arms full of tattoos, hands in pockets and uniforms that often give the the appearence of being dischevelled. They also seem to have recruited numbers of 15 year old police girls, who would be a liability when things get out of control.

Maybe the police are just pawns of a draconian and dictatorial government that rules by decree, but in the last year they have lost a lot of support. More worrying for them should be the fact that the ex coppers, proper coppers, I know of feel the same and think the force (or is that now service?) that they were once proud to be a part of is now a joke. The police bring most of the problems on themselves.

You bored me after a few lines

So what's going to happen when you and your ilk grow the balls to protest about something YOU believe in?

When the police come down hard on YOU, then guess who'll be bleating the loudest about the 'right to protest' having been removed!

You show such a cowardly approach when condoning a police state!

Had it plenty of times at football, Police tarring us with the same batton.

Still support the police....

They weren't peaceful "weak" female only protesters...

I really don't understand the police force, crowds like these should be shown the full arm of the law, not peaceful vigils.
What peaceful vigil are you refering to?

Sponsored Links
Back