Kitchen island power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all

I'm after some advice on the best way to go with this. Sadly, when we had a big extension and kitchen fitted a few years ago, I didn't get power sockets fitted into the island. Big mistake! I'm now trying to see how easy/hard it would be to retrofit power to the island.

I briefly asked an electrician, a few months back, who seems to think it would be really difficult to do and would cause all kinds of damage to the walls and floor, etc. Is this right, or do you think he just didn't fancy the job?!?!?!

Another option I've thought of is to just run an extension cable under the kitchen flooring and into the island. I'm handy enough to be able to make a decent job of that, or is this a no-no?!?!?

Thanks for any pointers

Cheers

Sponsored Links
this question goes under Electrics. This thread is to show what you have done with your project that helps others.

Ok. Thanks for that. It's years and years since I've posted on here, so not familiar with the layout. Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back