landlord certificates

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am a landlady and i wanted to know if i have to renew a cp12 if under 12 month because of a change of tenant.

Sponsored Links
i am a landlord and a plumber (not corgi) but from my experience and reading on the net i understand it that u require a current cp12, no matter how many new tenants u have in that year.

(an mot last a year no matter how many people buy a car, and i know this is a different thing but i just would make sense to have to issue a new cp12 averytime you have a new tenant.)

cp12 yearly, thats how i interpret the stuff i have read

Sponsored Links
Look at the landlord cert in the same way as a car MOT, that is in force for 12 months whoever owns the vehicle, same with gas safety certs.

I'm corgi registered for natural gas and LPG, up to you whether you believe me.

Might be worth being present when the safety certificate is issued to see what you are geting for your money.

If I remember correctly its NECESSARY for the landlord to check that the gas appliance are in safe working order before a new tenant moves in !!!

So whilst a new CP12 is not required, a check of the gas appliances IS !

One point for landlords, do check that your CP12 issuer has a valid CORGI photocard!

Last week I went to a boiler installed by a non-reg, the Agent thought it was OK because he got a CP12. Problem is the boiler was VERY unsafe and the CP12 was issued by someone who was NOT CORGI registered !!! ***

Tony

*** Well he SAID he was registered, but CORGI could not identify him or the bogus CORGI number he gave!

agile is right as i had to check gas when new tenants moved in,on behalf of a Council who were 'by the book'

trouble in our industry is the rule book is so big no one can remember the rules so people guess :confused:

That's the truth. We're too busy on the tools doing a perfectly safe job to aquaint ourelves fully with all the exacting detail those with high foreheads have nothing better to do than invent, paid by our fees to do so.

Only someone who has no time on the tools like an educator or inspector has time to keep abreast.

That is however one of the benefits of this place and Argi. We can support each other.

Too Right Paul

Those men in suits :evil:

still its not a CORGI persons responsiblitly to ensure anything untill he/she has been contracted to undertake the work.

its the landlords

Sorry to disappoint you but the requirement comes from the Gas Safety and Use Regulations passed by the Government in 1998!

Not from CORGI.

Tony

sorry tony dont see your point?

might be me being thick, are you saying I am wrong about it not being a CORGI persons problem?

I thought that land lords had their own little section in the gas safety(installation and use) regulations 1999?

when I say a corgi person I, obviously mean a proven competent person.

Sorry I did not word it very well.

I was only trying to say that it was a Government legislation requirement and the responsibility of the Landlord and nothing to do with either CORGI or a CORGI registered person.

Except that the checking would hopefully be done by a CORGI registered person of course.

I have never been asked to "check" a gas installation when there was a valid CP12 in force.

Tony

I see so you agreed with me :)

never been asked to either, just the usual checks if you have worked on it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back