Landlords gas certifricate

TBF, 112, Baxi have altered the requirements for servicing Glass Fronted fire fronts, which does take more time. Another 18 months ago. But agree that mountains and molehills spring to mind.

Even the risk of undersized vents are exaggerated. There was an investigation , I think reported by GS, that there has never been an incident actually caused by no ventilation.

Sponsored Links
I live in an old mining area and used to be literally thousands here, as already said never seen a problem with inadequate ventillation, all problems were improper servicing and sooting up because of it, seen a few in recent years with the baxi heat exchanger seals leaking, have to say the Bermuda fire and BBU are one of the most reliable appliances I have come across

Ian ,around 87 i was re gasketing around half a dozen a week on two year old 552 `s when baxi had set the jig up wrong torqued them down too much cutting through the gasket then they would just suddenly go flooding the place

I did one a few years ago where I lifted a layer of dog hair and dust like a towel off the boiler unit all in one piece!. Don’t mind a baxi bbu though, not so keen on the thorns or the glow worms so much but I’d still rather see either than a warm air / water heater.

Sponsored Links
I did one a few years ago where I lifted a layer of dog hair and dust like a towel off the boiler unit all in one piece

Oohh... I remember that feeling. Like opening your top trouser button after a mahooooosive roast beef dinner

Or letting a fart through when colonel brown is preparing for manoeuvres. :D

If it's a new customer it nearly always is a hell of a job...the majority of gas installers cut corners with back boilers. It's certainly not unusual to spend 1/2 a day sorting them out. Out of all gas appliances back boilers rank among the least safe...and have no place in rentals IMHO..tenants block vents etc. Correctly installed CO alarm is essential.
Jeez,,,what the fek you doing???..Many people block the vents,not just tenants.Even if its black as the roads with soot and pet hair it does not take half a day to sort it.

Doing it properly unlike most. Maybe it's different up North but most LGSR in London are nothing of the sort.
Come down sometime and see what a joke the middle of London really is.
I'd like to know what you do went you've got a BBU in the ground floor and 3 or 4 flats above...flue access is a PITA.

Back boilers are great to work on,at least you know if you touch a part it is not likely to start leaking water or snap off like so many newer appliances.

Not at all
as its a rented property, not sure if your regs in England have caught up yet but has been mandatory for years in Scotland, that all rented property have a CO detector if has a gas appliance that is not solely for cooking

as its a rented property, not sure if your regs in England have caught up yet but has been mandatory for years in Scotland, that all rented property have a CO detector if has a gas appliance that is not solely for cooking
Not in England

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back