1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Larger than average ceiling roses - where to find

Discussion in 'Electrics UK' started by stevesey, 11 Jun 2013.

1. stevesey

stevesey

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Doing up a house for my daughter - have unscrewed the covers off the roses in order to decorate - thinking I'll replace some of them later as they are yellowed or covered in paint (where the previous owners hadn't thought to unscrew them).

Now we are nearly finished I've realised the roses are bigger than those currently available in the sheds. Over 95mm in diameter, rather than the current average that seems to be less than 90mm. Not too bad where the ceilings are painted - but several are papered (cut around the rose).

Anyone know if roses of this size area available (house is only 25 years old and I notice our and my parents house which are both 30 years old use the smaller size - so not necessarily an age thing).

Cheers

2. Sponsored Links
  3. OwainDIYer

OwainDIYer

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  4. RF Lighting

RF Lighting

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I would think that your average loop in ceiling rose is at least as big as that back plate.

Could you make a wooden ring, fix it to the ceiling, and paint to match the ceiling, and then fix the ceiling rose to that?

5. crystal ball

crystal ball

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I bought some wooden pattrasses for the same reason, do a google for them, looked pretty good

6. 333rocky333

333rocky333

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    crabtree 5860 largest i have seen

7. securespark

securespark

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    They have base dia of 92mm.

8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

9. Sponsored Links