Largest nursing strike in NHS history set to start

It's OK, Labour say they would not be able to afford to pay the nurses any extra either. So I don't know where that leaves the haters?

Any way, when are the RNLI going on strike? I'll support that one.

Sponsored Links
It's OK, Labour say they would not be able to afford to pay the nurses any extra either. So I don't know where that leaves the haters?

Any way, when are the RNLI going on strike? I'll support that one.

£35K a year average, time and a half for every hour over 37.5 a week and if they're feeling energetic like some people I know they can 'moonlight' for private companies on their days off for many multiples of their NHS pay.

And here's the beauty of the private 'freelancing', it still contributes to their NHS pension.

That's one very tasty scam.

and if they're feeling energetic like some people I know they can 'moonlight' for private companies on their days off for many multiples of their NHS pay
Nurses are so lucky, if they work 70 hours a week they can earn quite a bit more.

Sponsored Links
Mrs Mottie works in the administrative side of the NHS and the levels of management, long term sick and waste just wouldn’t happen in the real world. It is quite frankly, disgraceful. They should start there and there would be a fair chunk to go towards the nurses who I think should be getting a fair bit more than they do.

So I don't know where that leaves the haters?
That'll be the right wing gammons aka Tory Wail readers. They hate everyone that is not white and that don't speak the Queens (or Kings) English. and that's a lot of hate right there.

Note: just in case you were confused who the worlds haters are Woods. (y)

Mrs Mottie works in the administrative side of the NHS and the levels of management, long term sick and waste just wouldn’t happen in the real world. It is quite frankly, disgraceful. They should start there and there would be a fair chunk to go towards the nurses who I think should be getting a fair bit more than they do.
I recall that kind of comment being made about the numbers of middle-managment in the NHS 30 years ago, so i don't think that much has changed.

£35K a year average, time and a half for every hour over 37.5 a week and if they're feeling energetic like some people I know they can 'moonlight' for private companies on their days off for many multiples of their NHS pay.

And here's the beauty of the private 'freelancing', it still contributes to their NHS pension.

How does the pension thing work?

I honestly can't see the NHS ever being fixed (not long-term, anyway), in our political system.
Tories will try to do something along the spectrum from "make it more efficient" to say "it's knackered; we'll privatise it instead".
Supported by evidence of waste and inefficiency, and defunded to demonstrate how it really isn't working.
Labour will argue that it isn't inefficient, that the evidence is anecdote, and that the real problems are the Tory defunding.

Labour will restore the funding, and the Tories will then repeat their previous claims.

And because the NHS is held by (most of) the British people in an almost-religious state of sanctity, no party can - let alone will - tackle the issues that exist. And, for better or worse, the NHS know this.

And, what are the reasonable expectations of what the NHS should deliver?

Is the NHS too big for the UK to manage?

FWIW, I am a huge supporter of the NHS. I also believe it is not without serious issues, some self-inflicted.

If it’s so easy why don’t you become a nurse……

All down to our pathetic government.

NHS should be a top priority. It needs sorting out asap. Its a national treasure that we need to bring up to standard for both its staff and patients.

Nurses are so lucky, if they work 70 hours a week they can earn quite a bit more.
They work 12hr rotating shifts and can't extend them there has to be a 12hr gap. They still do when others are on holiday no matter what holiday it is.
One interesting number came out that I haven't checked is ~£13 per hour. The main problem really is the lower grades however I have seen comments from people well above those feeling they need a big increase too. Times are hard. It would make more sense to hand out pay rises that reduce the range of the scales. Eg some, probably very few can earn £100k. Why increase their pay? Some may earn ~£44k should they get the same % increase as those that earn ~£27k. Flat % pay rises on scales like these stretch differences.

Wont help get more nurses though as they need to be paid and that comes out of tax and most of it not out of NI. Labour via none doms and changes relating to private schooling reckon they can get their hands on £6b. If they said look folks we need to increase income tax what would happen? Trouble with hospitals is that people don't generally need them. Some think only when they are old. Fact is it's far more mixed than that. What we are paying for is health insurance. State run as some other do, some way better than ours.

C4 had an interesting graphic on. It showed that nurse wages have not even kept up with other state areas since 2010 and that the private sectors has risen far more than both.

I like to see complaints about time to get an appointment to see a GP because if we want more of them they will have to be paid for. Want a quicker one. Easy search your area for a private gp surgery. ;) Me I'll wait for one. I accept the current reality but aren't happy about it.

Scotland. Settled with the nurses and have increased taxation. Woe. Usual doom and glume about doing that from you can guess who. Actually I doubt if this combined settlement will solve their problems. They need more and they have to be paid.

In 1948 the country was much poorer than it is now. But Labour was able to create the NHS, build and equip hospitals, train and employ nurses, in the face of Conservative opposition.

This is not a question of "can the nation afford it."

Sponsored Links
Back