Leadership debate 19 Nov 8.00pm Itv

Anyway, excellent news about NI for lower earners
its another Conservative lie.

Johnson told Teeside factory workers they would benefit, what he didnt say is that the majority of the benefit would go to better paid workers.

Sponsored Links
lower corporation tax

Lower than what?

Let's suppose UK corporation tax was, say, 19%, Germany was 29.65%, France was 31%, Netherlands was 25% and Italy was 27.9%

Would that be cheap enough to stimulate inward investment?

I don't believe the current lack of revenue can be blamed on low corp tax, more non existent tax for the likes of Google and Amazon, and that's a problem that Globalisation has thrown up whereby companies are domiciled in so many countries but the revenues are simply shifted around until little or no tax is paid

Yes its great news that the EU have enough power to enforce a digital tax on Google etc.
The US have already said to the UK 'if you want a trade deal forget your digital tax idea'

Sponsored Links
But we have changed our minds.
Ah, so now it's only one change of mind that is allowed :rolleyes:

Did quitters vote to leave with a deal, or was it 'leave means leave'?

Just one small example: Why should we pay child benefit to a Polish worker in the UK when their kids are at home in Poland just because we want to buy wine from France? Why?
That could have avoided/lessened...
(other EU/EEA countries have done so)

Along with stopping immigration from 'access countries'...
(other EU/EEA countries have done so)

Both permissible under EU law!

So maybe you should be asking the question to the UK government :rolleyes:

Edit: Regardless of the law, the amount that went abroad was 0.3% of the overall bill...

Germany alone paid far more, so the UK was probably a beneficiary given the much higher levels of their child support benefits...

One must look at the overall picture rather than clinging to DM headlines! ;)

Last edited:
Lowering corp tax so it raises more revenue because companies have more to spend on investment.

Companies make investment decision priort to paying the tax, they don't say we need a new building lets pay the tax first and then build it, they will build it first and then deal with taxation at the end.

If lower corp tax leads to higher revenue why isn't it zero?

Lower corp tax is based on the non-empircal baloooney idea of Arthur Laffer which RW and Republicans et al have run with. I

Lower than what?

Let's suppose UK corporation tax was, say, 19%, Germany was 29.65%, France was 31%, Netherlands was 25% and Italy was 27.9%

Would that be cheap enough to stimulate inward investment?

Well, Ireland at 12.5% was considered low enough by many companies to decamp from the UK to the Republic. UK corp tax was reduced to 20% in 2015 but had been 28% in 2010
Lets not forget that Ireland needed financial bail outs though.

Ah, so now it's only one change of mind that is allowed :rolleyes:

Did quitters vote to leave with a deal, or was it 'leave means leave'?

Edit: Regardless of the law, the amount that went abroad was 0.3% of the overall bill...

But nobody is really 'changing their mind’. We voted IN to the common market/EEC or whatever you want to call it. That was basically just trade, not the current EU which we voted OUT. Two different things. As I said, I have no problem with trading with them but I’ll say it again, just because I fix Spiros's car and he sells me a kebab, it shouldn’t give his family the right to come and sit in my front room and enjoy hospitality at my expense.

And yes, for the umpteenth ****ing time (why do you keep asking), I voted for a clean break and then to sort 'deals' out afterwards. Don’t care if it takes 10 years to sort out.

0.3% of a lot of money is still a lot of money and as I said, that was just one tiny example.

I voted for a clean break

That wasn't on the ballot paper.

That's not what you were offered in the Leave campaign.

We've been through that already.

You're now trying to insist the rest of us accept something that we, and you, were not offered.

Sponsored Links
Back