Leavers' fake news continues to circulate

Sponsored Links
NI is a separate country.
NI is not a country, never has been.
It is a province.
That is why there is a difference between GB and UK.
That is why it is GB and NI.

Definition of a Country
The basic definition of a country is a distinct political entity and a sovereign state. The International Organization for Standardization is the body that is tasked with determining the number of internationally-accepted countries in the world. There are about 206 sovereign countries in the world, 193 of which are members of the United Nations. Northern Ireland is not among these internationally-accepted countries and is instead considered as a province of the United Kingdom.
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/is-northern-ireland-a-country.html
Ulster could be considered as being a kingdom in the distant past. But Ulster is not NI. Only six of the nine counties of Ulster are in NI.

Sponsored Links

Attachments

• brexit_0.png
    brexit_0.png
    131.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
How do you spell NI?
View attachment 160879
https://europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/countries_en

The amount of nonsense emanating from some on here is astounding.
Do you ever read what you post.? You have posted the above list of countries i assume to support your claim that N.Ireland is not a country because it isn't included on the list ,but if you read your list again you will see that England ,Scotland and Wales are not on the list either.
Could this be because the above countries are not considered sovereign states because they are part of a political entity which is considered a sovereign state namely the United Kingdom.

Do you even read what you post?

Do you ever read what you post.? You have posted the above list of countries i assume to support your claim that N.Ireland is not a country because it isn't included on the list ,but if you read your list again you will see that England ,Scotland and Wales are not on the list either.
Could this be because the above countries are not considered sovereign states because they are part of a political entity which is considered a sovereign state namely the United Kingdom.
Do you ever read the quotes that are contained within the posts, and the comments to which the new post refers?
Transam said the EU recognise NI as a country.
Evidently they don't, as illustrated by my post. And you have now reinforced that by stating that the EU do not recognise England, Scotland or Wales either.
So you could have dismissed transam's post as nonsense. But you think I was wrong to have done so?

Nor is England ,Scotland or Wales.
The clue is in the title United Kingdom.
Whether they are recognised as an independent state is not under discussion, although clearly they are not. As you say, neither is England, Scotland or Wales. But they are countries. But that is notch's favorite word, "whataboutery". NI is not an independent state, whatabout....
NI is not and never has been a country. It could be considered a nation, or an independently governed state, although evidently it does not get anywhere near to fit that description at the moment.
Ulster is the nearest that you can get to previously being a kingdom, a country. But Ulster is not NI.

Whether they are recognised as an independent state is not under discussion, although clearly they are not. As you say, neither is England, Scotland or Wales. But they are countries. But that is notch's favorite word, "whataboutery". NI is not an independent state, whatabout....
NI is not and never has been a country. It could be considered a nation, or an independently governed state, although evidently it does not get anywhere near to fit that description at the moment.
Ulster is the nearest that you can get to previously being a kingdom, a country. But Ulster is not NI.
You are getting confused, you claimed that N.Ireland can't be considered a country because it isn't an Independent state.
England is not an independent state therefore England is not country : true or false ?if England doesn't fulfill the criteria to be considered a country how they are allowed to compete along with N.Ireland, Scotland and Wales in the World cup.

NI is not a country, never has been.
It is a province.
That is why there is a difference between GB and UK.
That is why it is GB and NI.

Definition of a Country
The basic definition of a country is a distinct political entity and a sovereign state. The International Organization for Standardization is the body that is tasked with determining the number of internationally-accepted countries in the world. There are about 206 sovereign countries in the world, 193 of which are members of the United Nations. Northern Ireland is not among these internationally-accepted countries and is instead considered as a province of the United Kingdom.
Ulster could be considered as being a kingdom in the distant past. But Ulster is not NI. Only six of the nine counties of Ulster are in NI.

You are getting confused, you claimed that N.Ireland can't be considered a country because it isn't an Independent state.
England is not an independent state therefore England is not country : true or false ?if England doesn't fulfill the criteria to be considered a country how they are allowed to compete along with N.Ireland, Scotland and Wales in the World cup.
You think I'm confused?
NI could be considered an independent state, but obviously it isn't and absolutely not at the moment.
But that is not the criteria for being a country.
The definition includes the words, "sovereign state".
NI never has met that criteria.

If you think that FIFA is the world's leading authority on whether a country meets the criteria for being a country or not........ well, I can understand why you are confused.
Would you like to look at the other countries that competed in the World Cup but are no longer countries?
Soviet Union, East Germany, West Germany, Zaire, Dutch East Indies, ... the list goes on.

Perhaps we should consult FIFI, UNPO, VIVA, ConIFA, ELF and other such international football associations.

Do you ever read the quotes that are contained within the posts, and the comments to which the new post refers?
Transam said the EU recognise NI as a country.
Evidently they don't, as illustrated by my post. And you have now reinforced that by stating that the EU do not recognise England, Scotland or Wales either.
So you could have dismissed transam's post as nonsense. But you think I was wrong to have done so?
The EU classify N.I. as a region of the EU and UK same as they classify Scotland, Wales and parts of England as regions for the purpose of allocating what are called regional development funds but that doesn't mean the EU doesn't consider these areas countries in their own right.

The EU classify N.I. as a region of the EU and UK same as they classify Scotland, Wales and parts of England as regions for the purpose of allocating what are called regional development funds but that doesn't mean the EU doesn't consider these areas countries in their own right.
You've caught notch's affliction, scrabbling around in the bottom of the hole you've dug for yourself.

The discussion is not about where the EU consider countries, except in the fact that transam claimed they did, but they don't. I suspect that if the EU had to make a decision, it would arrive at the same definition in the World Atlas, linked below.
The discussion is about whether NI is a country, and it's not.
The nearest you can get to a sovereign state is Ulster, but it does not meet the criteria for being a distinct political entity.

Sponsored Links
Back