LED down light.

I've not used the Debox thingy from Screwfix, but looking at it, the connections at the supply end (nearest you in the picture) would appear to be only suitable for solid conductors, not stranded.. Stranded or solid supported on the other side.

Ashley 804 can take any mix of solid or stranded conductors in any combination.

The Debox is good. All of the terminals accept solid or stranded.

Sponsored Links
I used the debox on a recent install of downlights, never again! Awful little things, the push down cable restraints don't like more then one cable and wont clip in fully so keep popping open. Took them all back and exchanged for standard choc boxes with screw down clamps, I would never use the debox ones again.

I used the debox on a recent install of downlights, never again! Awful little things, the push down cable restraints don't like more then one cable and wont clip in fully so keep popping open. Took them all back and exchanged for standard choc boxes with screw down clamps, I would never use the debox ones again.

User error? Had no problems with multiple cables

Sponsored Links
True - the installer could add one himself, or run the loop through JBs.

But however it's done, a light without a loop terminal does not, per se, provide support for a loop.

It says on the side of the box loop in/loop out.

It also has 2 of both L, N & E terminals, I'd assume for loop in/loop out.

Then that description was written by, and the light designed by, someone who doesn't know how UK domestic lighting loops work.

You need 4 terminals - L/N/E for the loop, and switched live for the light.

0392d621c21de4ae2db32f18e4da59fe

Is there any small household LED lights on the market, sort of decking size, more for show then practical?

I'll only use 1 possibly 2.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back