legal advice - marriage breakdown

Sponsored Links
Seems hard to believe TBH.
Tend to agree with the majority here.

She has no grounds on which to divorce. You could have gang banged 20 chicks, and put it on utube, no cause for a divorce. She has no grounds on what to base the divorce on.

You might be able to divorce her on the grounds of mental instability, inaccess to congugal rights, or lack of access to the family home, and take half of everything.

But a photo of you kissing a girl, BEFORE you got together??? Is she THAT insecure? Or are you that much of a money grabber?

To me, to be honest, the pair of you sound like complete idiots, that mainly feature in Ch5 documentaries, My brain dont work, Ch4 Big Brother, or BBC1 Watchdog, Why are these people so gullible....

I'm constantly surprised that people get to an age to type and have thoughts, without unwittingly killing themselves, in some blender blonde moment.

Sponsored Links
mickey they have been going out for at least 18 months
infidelity is as wrong as lying so no room for it in a helpful AND HONEST society :eek:

we have been together 8 years, this incident happend about a year ago.
i'm not a money grabber but want to know where i stand.
I'd like to sort it out but at the moment she will not talk to me, it all kicked off 4 weeks ago. hopefully she will calm down soon so we can talk!

i'm not a money grabber but want to know where i stand.
I'd like to sort it out but at the moment she will not talk to me, it all kicked off 4 weeks ago. hopefully she will calm down soon so we can talk!
i wish you luck my freind
i will not judge as we are all human
was your kiss fully innocent ??
iff you can answer yes then you deserve help if no then your options are limited as you are fooling yourself but good luck anyway :cry:

drunken kiss. no excuses i hold my hands up and admit ive made a mistake but at the same time dont want to throw 9 months of marriage down the drain

My advice , for what's it's worth, Go and see a solicitor. He/she will tell you what your entitled to. Even your 10k investment in the property, counts for something. If you did the work yourself, and this was the cost of materials, then consider the cost of the labour (even your time counts for something.) A good solicitor could get you a good settlement.
Don't listen to those on here that tell you your entitled to sweet FA,,,, You have been married (albeit for a short time) and have contributed to the marital home.
I was married to my last wife for 6 yrs and I was (seemingly) treated as a lodger within the marital home. My ex already owned the house before we were married (although she had only bought the property 18 months before we were married)
During the time we were married I had substantially refurbished the property, installing a new kitchen and building , built in wardrobes in both bedrooms and completely redoing the living room (new flooring , fireplace etc) I decorated throughout and even after we had split up , installed a new bathroom suite (yep I thought we'd get back together) (too bloody soft by half)
Any ways, for my trouble, my solicitor suggested I'd be able to settle for £25 grand, even though she claimed she had bought all materials (which of course she didn't)
Beware though,,,,,, once solicitors get involved, things can get rather nasty. During my first divorce (glutton for punishment, but I do like wedding cake) we were all set to get back together and sort things out, until solicitors were involved, and it all went downhill from then.

Put it this way,,,, If you owned the house, and she had contributed very little towards it,,, How much would she be claiming?? (I suspect quite a lot more than your expecting) ;)

I kiss my Mum, when we meet, so a drunken kiss; there are no grounds. (Not on the lips)..pervs!

dba - it seems like she is NOT the girl for you, if something so tiny means a divorce. She sounds like a right mare. I've kissed lesbian friends, who have then kissed my girlfriend, tongues and all..

Your girlfriend needs to get a life.

A kiss in a photo, leads to divorce? Not.

i think she is just mad still at the moment. hope she calms down. yes she doesnt handle things very well and has been on hormone tablets as we were trying for a child.
hopefully she will calm down and take a grip on the situation. her parents want her to sort it out.

i got married last year, been married 9 months. my wife says she wants a divorce as she saw a picture of me kissing another girl (i owned up to it, it was before we got married). ............. we have been doing the house up the past 18 months have have completely gutted it. .

Hmmm? So it happened before you were married, but it happened only last year after being together for 8 years?
Well I suppose you were factually correct. :confused:

i know ive done wrong. And drink is no excuse. I would be mad as well, but not end a marriage over it. Ive had worse happen to me with an ex girlfriend and didn't react like this. I know everyone is different but we are married, not a casual relationship.

Sponsored Links
Back