Light Switch Help

Sponsored Links
I wonder how BAS deals with a SatNav that gives directions but does nothing to educate the driver in the skills of map reading and navigation.
I "deal with it" in the same way I "deal" with a lot of assistive technology.

I take the view that it is not, and must never be, a substitute for having map reading and navigation skills.

Travellers should not rely on electronic guidance devices or machinery to get them to their destination. It is a personal responsibility to be qualified in extreme orienteering, wild water swimming, pot holing and mountain climbing to enable completion of all journeys.

Edit - added missing information
Oh look - more bankrupt arguments from someone childish.

Sponsored Links
Isn't it telling how quickly those who disagree with the idea that someone should spend a couple of hours learning to acquire a necessary competence start with the ad-hominem attacks, and the idiocy of things like equating that idea with a suggestion that car drivers should therefore become qualified in extreme orienteering, wild water swimming, pot holing and mountain climbing to enable completion of all journeys.

All that does is to show that they do not have a single rational reason to bring to bear, and I suspect they are hoping to create enough turmoil for the topic to get locked so that the irrationality of their position cannot be subjected to further exposure.

And then the next time I suggest that people should not do electrical work unless they know what they are doing, they'll start all over again.

Your problem is your overbearing obnoxious attitude that negates your advice, be it good or bad. You should think on why your attitude has led to your banning from so many forums.

Have I?

And which ones were those, and when and why?

Have you been stalking me on the Internet?

Are you saying you have not been banned from other forums, come on be honest.

You've been banned from this one on a couple of occasions.

On 2nd thoughts, this is so unrelated to whether or not people should be encouraged to do electrical work when they don't understand what's going on that I'm not going to join in.

Feel free to continue to show that you have nothing rational to say by banging on about things which are irrational and unrelated.

Last edited:
have nothing rational to say by banging on about things which are irrational and unrelated.

I Have been looking in this forum for a short while only and I have very hurriedly coem to the conclusion that in this entry in the thread Mr Ban-All-Sheds has produced a most excellent description of himself.

Thomas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back