McCulloch strimmer identification

Thanks for that.
I ordered the Stihl oil as shown here.
The plug I think was Champion say DJ8J so I have a NGK BM6F on its way.
The plug was say 2 1/2 inches
On the measuring bottle of which is 1 ltr there is a fuel line then 50 25 20 to 1 marks.

I assume I fill the fuel to the fuel line then pour the oil in until it reaches the 50:1 line as it sits on top the fuel. Giving it a good shake when I put in the strimmer.

Sponsored Links
Yep, that will do fine.
If you only use a strimmer sparingly, consider ready mixed Aspen two stroke fuel......lasts for years, unlike normal unleaded. £25 per 5 litres approx.
John :)

Pipe has arrived.

It will go through the hole no problem BUT wont fit metal pipe on primere bulb etc or fuel filter.

Ive since ordered this which will fit both of them leaving me to just open up the whole a touch to allow pipe to go through.
I plan to just use the long pipe / filter in the image and put the other pipe / bung to one side

Attachments

• 5023.jpg
    5023.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 46
Sponsored Links
If you have enough length if you cut a taper on the pipe it will just go through the hole far enough to get pliers on it to drag it through which will give atight leak free fit.08AD28E3-799A-44B1-B508-DACF42E38123.jpeg

Pipe didn’t arrive today so hopefully I can fit it tomorrow & use it.

I used it today for a short while but seen fuel bubbling up & out of the pipe, this is the one I’m replacing.

Can I ask if it’s ok to hang the trimmer vertically so engine is at top & line at bottom when not in use ?

Yes, theres no float chamber so theoretically the machine can be stored in any position.
In some instances, if the tank is above the carb you can get seepage into the engine. Thats fine if you are using the thing regularly, but at the end of the season you could maybe drain the fuel.

Thanks as I have a place in mind for it.

Also a question for when I fit this pipe.

There is an end cover which the pull rope passes through, blue arrow.

I was thinking about removing the tank to make things easier, red arrow.

Will the end cover just come off easily or am I going to have an issue with the coiled spring etc ?

Attachments

• 084E802A-040C-456B-81B0-602870E9DD38.jpeg
    084E802A-040C-456B-81B0-602870E9DD38.jpeg
    154.9 KB · Views: 50
Hi,
I need to ask a novice question please.

Remember that when i purchased this item the fuel filter was loose in the tank.
I have since purchased a new pipe & filter.

Now i have 2 pipes on this strimmer.
The black one as you can see & also the yellow coloured one which was strimmer is running i see bubbles going UP this pipe.

The question is, Would that make the yellow pipe the fuel inlet to the carb & then the black pipe is the return to the tank ?

Please advise.
I have also supplied a photo of this.

Thanks very much.

Attachments

• 5058.jpg
    5058.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 59
Its probably best to operate the primer button and see which way the bubbles flow, but it does sound like you are correct.
The filter is meant to be loose in the tank, by the way!

When i mean loose in the tank i mean not connected to a pipe as it was perished.

I ask because i put the filter on the black pipe.
I was thinking that if the bubbles were going UP then ive done it wrong,hence my post here ?

The black,inlet to carb, should be closest to the filler and have the filter on the end of it. The tube should be long enough so the filter can fall to each end of the tank depending which way upyour using it, maybe you have the tubes on the wrong way round on the carb...when you pump the primer fuel should come up the black pipe and down the clear one,.

Lostintheligt that is where i put the filter so good for clarification.

I am stumped as to why bubbles going UP other tube if its a return to the tank "going wrong way" unless it is supplosed to do that

If you want to check its flowing back to the tank, can you ease the clear pipe out into a small container, pump the primmer and see if its flowing ?
Edit if its not flowing, either the primer isnt working properly or the pipes are the wrong way round on the carb.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back