Meeting affordable housing quotas, as long as it doesn't reduce your profits

Sponsored Links
In Vienna.........
I keep hearing about what wonderful systems they have in other countries. I read an article about the Swiss national health service which gushed about how much more efficient it is than ours. Are these comparisons fair? Do Switzerland and Austria have open door free-for-anybody-in-the-world systems like us?

Agreed, Bevan would have been horrified at charging nurses to park
The NHS is hugely inefficient and has armies of spongers leaching from it. It spends so fast that it has to monetise everything it can. Did Bevan envisage that? He should have, because when you offer an unlimited supply of something to the entire population of the world you will get unlimited demand.

So are you going to refuse to take the state pension?

After all, you were paying in to the fund so those of generations older than you benefited...

And likewise the generations following you pay for your state pension...

Do you not understand that's how the system works?
I will be taking my state pension. When the time comes I will have paid taxes, in various forms, for over 50 years, in the good faith that some of that money will be put aside; invested and used to pay my old age codger pension. That is how it was originally intended to work, and it is not my fault that successive administrations have been profligate with that money when I have been frugal and prudent.

Sponsored Links
I will be taking my state pension. When the time comes I will have paid taxes, in various forms, for over 50 years, in the good faith that some of that money will be put aside; invested and used to pay my old age codger pension. That is how it was originally intended to work, and it is not my fault that successive administrations have been profligate with that money when I have been frugal and prudent.
So you do want others to put into this pot you can draw from?

That's not what you said before

The NHS is hugely inefficient and has armies of spongers leaching from it. It spends so fast that it has to monetise everything it can. Did Bevan envisage that? He should have, because when you offer an unlimited supply of something to the entire population of the world you will get unlimited demand.
Cheaper than the American system thanks to private health care pi claims.

Blup

Do you know why though? Don't doubt that you saw the programme but it would be interesting to look at the reasons why.
tbh I can't remember. I think the point the tv prog was making was even when solutions are offered, the locals don't always want to accept them. I think it was possibly more to do with local services already being stretched as opposed to nimby's.

Cheaper than the American system thanks to private health care pi claims.

Blup
Funnily enough I watched one of those 'when tv stunts go horribly wrong' progs the other night. Some of those injured live in the states and cost of health care was mentioned, with one or two setting up gofundme type things to help pay for their bills. One of the UK based talking heads even said 'thank goodness we have the NHS!'

tbh I can't remember. I think the point the tv prog was making was even when solutions are offered, the locals don't always want to accept them. I think it was possibly more to do with local services already being stretched as opposed to nimby's.

If true, those reasons would apply equally to expensive houses

If.

If true, those reasons would apply equally to expensive houses

If.
What do mean 'if', are you suggesting the tv prog didn't exist and I've made it up?

Ha Ha HAaaaaaa.

Nope, not that sad or desperate to make a point ;) just can't be ar5ed trawling through iPlayer etc to look for the prog.

Funnily enough I watched one of those 'when tv stunts go horribly wrong' progs the other night. Some of those injured live in the states and cost of health care was mentioned, with one or two setting up gofundme type things to help pay for their bills. One of the UK based talking heads even said 'thank goodness we have the NHS!'
In his book When I Die, Philip Gould recounts his experience of the US private health care system, it is truly chilling how skewed towards making money it is how, offering treatments that are profitable rather than effective.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Back