Megaflow problem !!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

ive got a nagging problem, I noticed that water was continually pouring outside the building out of the overflow and was continuous so what I did is turned off the hot flow to my taps from the gate valve on the megaflow tank and it stops but then when you open it again it pours outside again, what could this be as its really annoying,

thanks guys

Sponsored Links
Firstly follow instructions on side of megaflo, or in the book on how to restore air gap in the megaflo.

If this doesn't work you will need a G3 registered plumber to probably replace the TPR valve.

Thanks Dave your a star,

Can anyone restore the air gap and is it easy enough to do?

Sorry but was is a TPR valve?

thanks again

Turn off supply to tank,drain it right down,then fill it up again.

Sponsored Links
Can anyone restore the air gap and is it easy enough to do?

The instructions on how to do this are usually on the side of the tank for owners to remake air bubble. This is how i remember them being written:

1. Turn off cold main to tank
2. Open up relief valve on side of tank and hot tap
3. Allow water to flow and keep open until gurgling stops.
4. Close relief valve with a snap and turn off taps again.
5. Turn back on cold main and allow to refill

This should remake air bubble. If the relief valve continues to drip then an unvented qualified engineer will need to replace it.

Thanks for that but the overflow leaks on the outside of the building and not from the relief vave ( black trianglar valve with a hole in it to see if it drips), is this the same overflow?
thanks again

Thanks for that but the overflow leaks on the outside of the building and not from the relief vave ( black trianglar valve with a hole in it to see if it drips), is this the same overflow?
thanks again

They should be the same pipe. If there isnt water flowing through the tundish then its not the megaflo.

thanks petit-pablo I will check this out and get back to you,
Superb advice, many thanks

if its cold at the tundish it will more likely be expansion relief

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back