menvier TS690 Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and he also said 'HOW MUCH WOULD AN ALARM COST' indicating he HAD NOT signed the contract and therefore is still at liberty to make sure he gets ALL the FACTS before he makes a decision.
No contract to sign.

You're letting your pathalogical hatred of legitimate companies cloud your thinking.

Are you for real? are you seriously suggesting ADT fit an alarm and supply monitoring without you signing a contract first?

Sponsored Links
In answer to the OP I can confirm that round my way they charge £2000 for a bells only wirefree system..

I can assure you they don't.

And don't consider isolated cases to be the norm.

If i was to quote for a job in Harrogate, the cost goes up. - especially in the Leeds Rd area. Just down the road from me but it wouldn't be cheap.

That does not mean i charge those rates normally.

You have form for slating auntie daisy, why, you even put it on your webpage.

I decided to take the front panel off and silenced the alarm with my pass code.
Please, what is it about this statement from tryityourself that you don't understand?

If he was not able to do use his own code, be it User, Manager Code or what ever you want to call it, we would be here having a conversation about how to RESET his alarm, we're not, so he has.

There will be many, no thousands of alarms out there where resetting a tamper caused by opening the panel is possible with any form of user code.
his is obviously one of them.

Reset on tamper by an Engineer only code is a fairly new facility (requirement) that you seem to have latched onto as being 'the norm'. In the thousands of existing alarms, it is not.

So why then does this thread even exist and why did the OP not simply open the panel unplug the old battery and pop a new one in it's place..

easy because he has even suggested bridging the battery contacts this would indicate that he knows that if the system goes past a certain point he will be unable to get it going again.

Why doesn't he do just that why did you not suggest taking the fuse from the spur opening the panel and swapping the battery and then firing it back up again no probs.. because you and the OP know that the system would not like that and he would not be able to reset it.

You are only arguing with me now to save face and avoid either agreeing with me or backtracking....

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Are you for real? are you seriously suggesting ADT fit an alarm and supply monitoring without you signing a contract first?

Had ADT over for a chat.
Since when did that represent being presented with a formal contract?

Grow up Skyboy

Exactly that was the whole point of my post - He has not signed the contract yet and is still deliberating and therefore my suggestion to ASK those questions of ADT before commiting was a perfectly sensible suggestion..

Jeez I could do with some intelligent conversation around here instead of always dealing with muppets.

In answer to the OP I can confirm that round my way they charge £2000 for a bells only wirefree system..

I can assure you they don't.

And don't consider isolated cases to be the norm.

If i was to quote for a job in Harrogate, the cost goes up. - especially in the Leeds Rd area. Just down the road from me but it wouldn't be cheap.

That does not mean i charge those rates normally.

So how much an alarm costs depends on the cars they have in the driveway..lol at least you are honest for once but I doubt you go an fit them for free to people on benefits using that logic.

I have not slated Aint Daisy I have merely suggested the OP knows exactly what is in their contract before he signs it,

The small print contains many things like the need to cancel in writing three months before the termination date or it rolls on for another three years. Like the fact premium rate numbers are called from your panel.

it's all there in the contract small print so nothing ADT do not disclose themsleves.

Exactly that was the whole point of my post - He has not signed the contract yet and is still deliberating and therefore my suggestion to ASK those questions of ADT before commiting was a perfectly sensible suggestion..

Jeez I could do with some intelligent conversation around here instead of always dealing with muppets.
He was given the relevant advice.
It's only you and your hatred of certain sectors of the industry that seems to be making the usual issue.

You've never got over being laughed at over your silly comments elsewhere have you?

So how much an alarm costs depends on the cars they have in the driveway..lol at least you are honest for once but I doubt you go an fit them for free to people on benefits using that logic.

I have not slated Aint Daisy I have merely suggested the OP knows exactly what is in their contract before he signs it,

Not at all.
I don't like people with number 17 in there address, therefore the costs get hiked upwards.
My choice, a free world, i can charge what i like.
Equally i have been known to do jobs at cost - where the end user gets to see the PO/Invoice.
Cos i'm kind like that.

As for not slating ADT.
You really are a star Yaleguy3, you really are.

Not at all.
I don't like people with number 17 in there address, therefore the costs get hiked upwards.
Equally i have been known to do jobs at cost - where the end user gets to see the PO/Invoice.
Cos i'm kind like that.

As for not slating ADT.
You really are a star Skyboy, you really are.

Well have a look here...

http://www.adt.co.uk/document-downloads/corporate-documents/ADT Connect Issue 12 August 2011.pdf

I must say thet the bit about premium rate numbers has gone from the latest contract so maybe there was a change there..
However there is just another clause stating you are liable for any extra charges in relation to connecting to the ARC..??
Anyway the usual conditions apply it is not actually a 36 month contract because it states in the conditions that it automatically rolls on at 36months unless cancelled.

There are other questions arising too - the 12 month warranty is in breach of EU regulations 24months is the legal statutory warranty period now.

Just checked their website and yep your system still has daily checking via the phoneline so there si the hidden extra cost.

They also have a list of features of the systems. One box simply says 'police response'..

Do you want the Police to respond to your alarm sir' oh yes I will have that.

Hmmm that is such a poorly presented presentation of the real facts and a major undermining of the ACPO rules regarding implying something that is not guaranteed.

To be given something as an option in a tick box is an implicit contractural obligation to provide that service but it does not explain how the system works... very very bad ethics.

Oh and still as scandalous as ever still fitting decoy boxes and using the ploy that 33% of people ignore them anyway EXCUSE ME THE OTHER 67% who DONT ignore them might have caught your burglars..But then they know people with a working alarm and siren could be tempted to cancel the monitoring if they did not want to pay the monthly fee.
On the domestic front ADT are just a cynical marketing company not a security company. Fitting an alarm yesterday had another anecdotal tale about an adt engineer...wont bore you with it though.

Ha ha as if you would ever be invited to quote..lol

Cos i'm kind like that.

Kind like what? you mean you loaded the monitoring contract instead.. nobody work for free..

Cos i'm kind like that.

Kind like what? you mean you loaded the monitoring contract instead.. nobody work for free..
Didn't load anything.
Struggling with the bit where it says PO/invoice seen by customer.

My principles are clearly more honourable than yours.

Cos i'm kind like that.

Didn't load anything.
Struggling with the bit where it says PO/invoice seen by customer.

Oh I geddit you fitted a basic system probably around £80 cost price for a wired. and your chap agreed to a monitoring contract.. fair enough. He did do the monitoring contract though even if you didn't load it.
Cant fault that.

Don't make me laugh , my prices are fixed and for all to see , yours are variable dependent on what you think you can get away with..lol
#Joker #unethical

To the OP... AssociatedAlarms sorry Alarm is right get another quote .

You have had ADT around.

Make sure you ask them the following questions...

1. Is the outside siren a working siren?
2. Will the panel be linked to a premium rate number adding daily costs to my phone bill?

The reason I mention the above is because they usually fit a dummy box not a working siren,
The problem here is if your phone line fails the ARC will not be notified and since the outside box is only a dummy your home will then be burgled in blissful silence.

Don't fall for any argument that people ignore sirens anyway and that's why they don't fit them. The cynical reason they don't fit working sirens is because they then know that you will correctly deduce that you will have to keep paying the monitoring contract to have any hope of the alarm being useful at all.

Also beware you will need two keyholders if you go for the keyholder option instead of the urn and police response route.(you still need two keyholder for that anyway)

The problem here is even with the best will in the world who is to say your keyholders will even answer a call from your alarm at 3am much less get dressed and rush round to your home. More than likely if it goes to a mobile they will ignore the call knowing they can check missed calls in the morning. Which by then will be too late.

As for the premium rate number ADT have installed systems where the control panel sends status reports on a daily basis when you set and unset the alarm eyc and these calls were routed to a premium rate number meaning the monthly monitoring cost isn't all you pay.

I fit DIY alarms specifically Yale alarms that telephone the homeowner direct who can then phone a neighbour if not within reach of home yourself who can then check your home. This has no monitoring costs or on costs and the building of cooperative relationships with neighbours is the key to home security.
One of my alarms went off - Because of the audible siren the neighbour was alerted and saw two people in the back garden.. the Police were called and the suspects aprehended.

Don't let ADT tell you that sirens are ignored...

On the other point about getting your alarm monitored with a police 'response'

The police will not guarantee to arrive. It is illegal for an alarm company to suggest that the police WILL attend your alarm activation. It is illegal to guarantee a police response.
The Police do not know what they will be doing when your alarm activates they may even be tied up with other local issues hence they tell alarm companies NOT to guarantee any action on their behalf.

The other thing of course is most burglaries are done and dusted in around one and a half minutes... It is rare even if they respond for the Police to arrive on site while the burglars are still there. More of a chance if a siren activated and the police are called by witnesses who have looked and can still see people on site.
Better for other reasons too such as identifying a car they may be fleeing in (usually the owners these days as they break in for the car keys)

Try to get a quote from a local alarm company as associatedalarm keeps saying when you use a national company you are subsidising their head office staff the bosses bonuses , the van fleet , the overheads like the plush offices etc etc etc

Blimey, You are so right. I was suprised when they told me the two boxes on the front and back were going to be dummy boxes. Reason they gave me was " as its monitored, outside bells are not needed."
What a joke!
With regards to the premium rate phone line, what a rip off. Thank you for warning me. I was not aware of this.
I wont be going ahead with them now for sure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back