Middle East here we go again

Sponsored Links
The RAF would have been better to bomb South Armagh because that is were the I.R.A. was most active. The difference between Ulster and Gaza is that British offered the Nationalists an alternative to violence, while the Israelis give the palestinians nothing.

Oompah, You are of course under no obligation to answer my question, and I notice that you didn't.

If you care, I am opposed to collective punisment of people who have something in common with other people who commit various acts.

As well as being a wicked crime, it also, has the wrong effects, because it creates additional enemies who hate you because you have killed or maimed their faimily, friends, neighbours and compatriates.

It is equally wrong whether it happens in Lidice, Oradour, Mail Lai, Amritsar, Omagh or Gaza

Sponsored Links
John D you are of course under no obligation to answer my question,to which you did not.Do I care that you are opposed to collective punishment,not in the least.The question regarding Dublin has no bearing on what is being discussed because that is in the past and we are here and now.

I disagree.

It is an example used to illustrate the potential effects of collective punishment on a racial, ethnic or national group, in reaction to acts committed by other people who are also members of that group.

Collective punishment is what is happening in Gaza today.

I notice you are unwilling to comment on the rightness or wrongness of such collective punishment.

But didn't Hamas take over by force and dispel the Fatah regime?

By all accounts the targets are those of the Hamas movement, and perhaps this may motivate the population to reject the controlling regime and install one more likely to want a peaceful solution

I have no thoughts of right or wrong into collective punishments i noticed that you mentioned racial,ethnic or national groups surely collective punishment would not discriminate against any of the mentioned.You have not answered why you picked me out as an individual to answer your question regarding the bombing of Dublin before i responded in any post.

I mentioned Dublin and you responded by asking if Rockets were used. Isn't that right?

I don't consider that the weapon of choice is relevant to the rightness or wrongness of collective punishment.

I see no "you"
hands up who thinks it would have been a good idea for us to send the RAF to bomb Dublin in reprisal for IRA attacks?
Apologys but, who
pron
1. which person: who are you?, he didn't know who had started it
2. used at the beginning of a relative clause referring to a person or people already mentioned

Sponsored Links
Back